Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Vegas regulars: Parking on strip, weekend night

Last time I was in Vegas, Frank Sinatra Drive to the west of the strip was a great alternative to the strip. It was only a couple months after the connection with Industrial opened so it may be more heavily travelled. I was staying at the Monte Carlo, but since it went behind the Bellagio, I assume there is a way to get to a garage entrance. Does anyone know if there is?
Old 03-16-2005, 12:13 AM

Do NOT take I-15. Do NOT take Las Vegas Blvd. Use Frank Sinatra and Industrial to get anywhere from Mandalay Bay all the way down to Circus Circus. On the busiest night with Las Vegas Blvd. a parking lot, I can be from Mandalay Bay poker room and into the Mirage poker room in 15 minutes using that back road system. Half of that time is driving, the other 7 1/2 minutes in walking from the self parking garages to and from the poker rooms. The only time I do not take that route is around 4 to 5 PM when all the local are getting off work and use that route themselves to back the traffic up at the intersection of Frank Sinatra and Industrial. I spent 7 days in vegas playing poker during new years weekend and was still amazed at the ease of traveling that route on a super busy holiday weekend. After 9PM I rarely see or pass more than a half dozen cars on that few minute drive between areas.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:16 PM

Great! You guys HAD to let all the 2+2 members in on the secret!

Seriously, Frank Sinatra Drive, which runs behind the Westside strip hotels and parallel to I-15 is an AWESOME alternative to the strip. Even when Frank Sinatra is slammed, it's MUCH faster than taking the strip.

Sometimes this road is actually faster than taking I-15 itself.