Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 12:35 AM

Default USC vs. Stanford

I'm watching the football game tonight, which compels me to ask if anyone has attended / visited either school. I'm a senior in high school, and I'm looking at both of them. I'm stuck in Wisconsin right now, so I won't be able to visit them for a while (probably early spring). Any advice or insight into any aspect of either school would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: USC vs. Stanford

I can say unequivocally that attending Stanford was one of the best decisions I've made to date. The academics and athletics (with the exception of football unfortunately) and of course the weather are all unrivaled. If you're at all interested in business/have some entrepreuneurial ideas silicon valley is the place to be, and it's not even close. Even as a freshman, the FAs (focus assistants) in your housing can aid with business planning and will dole out generous amounts of money to help you on your way. If you have specific questions feel free to PM me.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:48 AM

Fck Stanfurd. Both are yuppy, high priced private schools, so if that's your thing, take the lesser of two evils in U$C - hotter women.

GO BEARS!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:51 AM

If you want to go a California school you should probably go to Berkeley, all things considered, in the absence of some compelling specific program at some other school.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:52 AM

you have to be joking.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:55 AM

No way I can afford out-of-state tuition at Berkeley. All three are in the same price range, but I'm hoping for better financial aid from these two. We'll see how that goes, or else I'll just stick w/ UW-Madison.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:59 AM

I'm not. What's wrong with what's probably the best public university in America?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:09 AM

I can't imagine an out-of-stater who can get into both choosing Cal over Stanford.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:12 AM

Your highly J. Crew oriented lifestyle is duly scrutinized when considering your input on this matter, Mr. Diablo.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fck Stanfurd. Both are yuppy, high priced private schools, so if that's your thing, take the lesser of two evils in U$C - hotter women.

GO BEARS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I think the thread is actually semi serious, I'll make a serious post.

You can find hot women whereever you go (just have to look harder at some places...) but I assume that academics is your main concern. If this is true, then Stanford wins by a landslide -- it's not even close.

However, USC does tend to give better financial aid/scholarships just for academics, BUT if you need need-based financial aid, Stanford makes sure that if you're accepted, money isn't a problem to go there.

If all you're up for is partying, USC's scene is better for that (Stanford is mostly frat parties every thurs/fri/sat).

I'd actually be very surprised to hear of anyone that was accepted to both and chose USC over Stanford (assuming money isn't a problem).

In conclusion, Stanford owns and you can meet some other 2p2ers =) and screw berkeley.