Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: If there was ever a time to fold a boat... (NL400 6/max)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NL 400 for the most part, is a loose passive game. It isn't high- or low enough- for it to be super aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we playing int he same 2/4 6 max party?...PF theres a lot of RR'ing, a lot of crap minraises on the flop, a lot of autobets when you check the turn?

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of those except the preflop reraising part. I just don't see it all that often.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:50 PM

Tough hand. Folding is probably correct, but I probably never do. Of course, this asssumes your read is correct and this guy is somewhat sane.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:00 PM

I dont understand the purpose of posting a hand asking for advice and then arguing with every piece of advice you get.

Youre playing poker the best you can. You ask for advice about tough hands like everyone does, but then you disagree with everyones advice.

Most of the people who are responding are playing in these same games that you are, so either play the game in your own little vaccuum and dont post.....or post your hands and open your mind to other people poker experiences and maybe you'll learn something.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand the purpose of posting a hand asking for advice and then arguing with every piece of advice you get.

Youre playing poker the best you can. You ask for advice about tough hands like everyone does, but then you disagree with everyones advice.

Most of the people who are responding are playing in these same games that you are, so either play the game in your own little vaccuum and dont post.....or post your hands and open your mind to other people poker experiences and maybe you'll learn something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing, I'm exploring other possibilities. I didn't ask people if NL400 players reraise AJ preflop, that's just something that people have said, which I disagree with.

I didn't disagree with people who said this is AK a lot of the time, I merely question the frequency with which I would be shown that hand.

Get off my case.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tens.. oh god insta call please

[/ QUOTE ]

I know.. but villain basically is announcing he has AA...

[/ QUOTE ]

first, i think folding this river is bad. second, if he is a thinking player (or whatever read u had he was decent) why would he want to play AA this way. if he was pushing the river with AA what hands would villain expect to call often? all underfulls, flushes, most J's. (i guess the str8 sometimes) of these hands how many are NOT betting the river for value? plus he loses value the times u have a weak j or weak flush and fold or u are on air and are not allowed to bluff at the pot.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:12 PM

Check my math but isn't it closer to 2.5 to 1? 650 pot, 250 more to call the bet...I maybe wrong still not real quick with the math...esp in the fly.

Z [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 09:51 PM

Folding here is just scared poker. The pot is too big and your hand is too strong to let it go. People do bizarre things in big pots. AA with a spade would generally either bet the turn, or call your bet fairly quickly. On the other hand, his turn play is very consistent with AsKx or something. Pushing the river here with AK might not be the best play, but most poker players do make bad plays. I'm actually not even sure that pushing would be too terrible... something along the lines of "the pot is too big for me to fold this hand, and he will call a bet with a wider range than he will bet with, so it's better for me to just bet myself." On the other hand, he could also have KK and be thinking "omg, I bet he has the ace of spades! Maybe if I push he'll give me credit for the jack and fold!" On the other hand, he might have a "slowplayed" trip jacks if he had gotten out of line preflop.

There are just way too few ways you're beaten here and there's lots of money in the pot. I'm not going to lose any sleep over paying off a half pot river bet when someone hits a two-outer on me.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, notice the PF action?

[/ QUOTE ]
My response was right after I woke up and I didn't consider the preflop action. Preflop action does rule out KQ. I responded to both of your posts this morning and am a little annoyed that you chose to ignore one and act like a bitch in the other. You are no longer worth my time.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:38 AM

This post is a joke from soemone who knows they go broke here 100% right? right? right? right?right? right? right? right? right? right?v right?right? vright?right?v
Old 12-01-2005, 06:30 AM

I think this is JJ...

Not QQ or KK......Preflop looks a lot like AA...But I think u see JJ here more than AA.....