Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 11:32 PM

Default 10/20 hand reading exercise

ok full ring here, no reads really except that this guy has been raising quite a few times recently. but every time he has shown down a premium hand.

I (5700) limp, villain (covers) raises to 85 in CO, BB (800) calls and I call.

Flop (290): K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, I check, villain bets 220. BB calls, I raise to 800. Villain calls and BB folds.

Turn (2110): J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet 1400, villain calls.

River (4910): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I shove for 3400.

what hand range do you put me on (street by street maybe) and what do you need if you are villain to call this river?
Old 12-26-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: 10/20 hand reading exercise

what position did you limp here? Flop I put you on either a big draw here like Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (though this one might just call flop), or a good made hand like 444 (POSSIBLY KT). Turn nothing changes. River now you only hands I'd eliminate are KT, I'm not sure KT would fire allin on that river. no idea what villain can have here, probably AK or AA like a [censored], on that river I'd need QJ+ to call, but I'd have 3bet a set before then and probably wouldn't have called 1 pair hands on both flop and turn if it's that deep.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:43 AM

Flop play is a common squeeze that she loves. Doesn't mean she has a hand. The river makes me think she somehow backed into a hand.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:45 AM

sorry i limped in UTG+1.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:02 AM

Preflop: 2 broadways, most probably suited. KQ, AJ, AQ.

Flop: Top pair, good kicker. KQ, KJ, AK.

Turn: KQ, KJ, AQ.

River: KQ, AK.

Villain needs a Queen to call.

Fishlips
Old 12-26-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: 2 broadways, most probably suited. KQ, AJ, AQ.

Flop: Top pair, good kicker. KQ, KJ, AK.

Turn: KQ, KJ, AQ.

River: KQ, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm just dense, but what about the river play excludes AQ? Are you thinking that it's too big a bet? Given the pot size, a stack with the AQ may well get a call.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:29 AM

Not too much about his post makes sense.

My initial thoughts were A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] due to the bet sizing, but each time that I've started to formulate a reply I've started having doubts about everything that I wrote.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:05 AM

haha, me too

then I talked to her directly, and thanked god I didn't actually reply to the post
Old 12-26-2005, 05:21 AM

At first I was thinking AQ of hearts. Now I'm thinking more like JQ suited?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:30 AM

utg limp/call the raisers deep and you know that so I'll say your calling his raise with alot of hands you normal wouldn't play oop any pp 22-jj, suited connecters not aks are all easy calling hands.

flop KhTh4c

You think he's a solid players so I think you'll give him credit for the K when he bets so I think you lead 3 bet a made hand here but the one factor that takes me of the draw hands b/s qjh is the pot is protected by the bb so your hand is made by this point (I think you figure the bb to come and villian also but you can't stop him from betting a big hand on a missed turn). I'll put you on jqh, set of 4's or 10's, kq, Ax flush. k10o 10jh 910h in that order

Turn jd

this bet if called makes the pot really big and any river call more likely and I don't see adding to the pot anymore without a made hand think you still got alot behind and can't really justify pushing your flush/stright draws so let's make a cc? Easy bet for the set's against a likely ak
aqh. set of tens letting you do the work for him. But I do think you bet aq I put you on 4's, 10's, Aqh,

River 5k in the pot you shove 3.4k Why not pots huge and he called up to here I strongly put you on 10's or 4's maybe aqh and even less likey a two pair hand. I think he calls q and, set of tens.

Correct me if I'm way off anywhere.