Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-13-2005, 12:28 AM

Default KK takes heat

<font color="green"> Canterbury 4/8 Live </font> (5 bet cap, unlimited if HU)

BB is slightly loose, slightly passive and the table wpt expert. He's donk betted several times already then folded to raises or shown overcards or weak made hands.

PF: Hero is UTG w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , several folds, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, <font color="red"> BB says, "BB special" and bets </font>, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="red"> BB 3-bets, Hero 4-bets, BB 5-bets </font>, Hero calls preparing to fold the turn UI

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB check, I think what? and check

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> BB bets </font> , Hero ???
Old 12-13-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: KK takes heat

Easy call on the river given pot odds (10:1). BB special can be T9s, AJo, JTs, QT, or whatever else junk mr WPT expert thinks is money.

While most of the time J8s or Jx jank will show up, the turn check throws smells fishy. He knows you have an overpair, and if he is trying to set you up for the turn CR, he played the flop incorrectly.

Regardless, with the pot that inflated and blanks hitting both the turn and river, I think it would be wrong to fold for 1BB.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:50 AM

Call the river. Checking the turn is fine.
Why were you planning to fold on the turn UI? You have a lot of outs vs. 2 pair, and sometimes villain has AJ or got totally out of line with T9
Old 12-13-2005, 01:45 AM

There's no reason to fold this hand even if BB bets on the turn. Since everyone else folded, you can see a guaranteed showdown in a big pot with a pretty good hand for a maximum of two bets.

His weird check on the turn is even more reason to call on the river. I think your hand is good a fair amount of the time here.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:57 AM

As snowball said, you will have enough outs to call the turn profitably.

Against a set you have 2 outs and 2 pair you have 8 outs. A set is perhaps slightly more likely but getting 10:1 you only need a little less than 4 outs on average to call.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:58 AM

I don't think you want to 4-bet the flop. I'd raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet. Take a free showdown.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:44 PM

Hard to imagine what that turn check meant, but if I were you I'd be fine with it. Checking the turn is fine, calling the river is mandatory considering the pot odds and the oddity of villain's actions.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:10 PM

I called the river bet. Villain flips up J8 offsuit for the flopped 2-pair. He made a bad PF call, bad flop lead allowing me to blow away two loose callers and a bad attempt at a turn check/raise. Oh well, that's why these games are profitable.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called the river bet. Villain flips up J8 offsuit for the flopped 2-pair. He made a bad PF call, bad flop lead allowing me to blow away two loose callers and a bad attempt at a turn check/raise. Oh well, that's why these games are profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lessened his mistake of a bad flop lead by 4-betting. I really don't like getting into a pissing match on the flop, especially after he made the "BB Special" comment. I don't mind the original raise of the flop bet, but after the 3-bet, i'm calling down.