Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Frozen account what to do?

Ok so I have a friend (and no, by friend I don't mean me and I'm too embarassed to say it, I know better than to try this,) who got in a bit of trouble on Party and got his accounts frozen. The gist of what happened was he had a pre-existing account on Party, but wanted to get some rake back under an affiliate program. So he signed up under a fake name and everything was going fine until he tried to transfer the money into his neteller account. Well Party realized that the neteller account was in the wrong name and froze all of his accounts. When he called they said that he had to send them a copy of both people's drivers licenses in order to get the accounts unfrozen.

Basically I told him I would post here to see if anyone has had something like this happen to them before, and if they had any idea of what he should do to get his accounts unfrozen or at the very least his money out?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Frozen account what to do?

Hire someone with photoshop skills to make fake licenses for both people to send them in. All they want is a digital copy. PM me or AIM me at MaxB1520 if you want some advice.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:46 PM

Sounds like he screwed up royally. Why would you use a fake name and fake info??

Hope he didn't have too much money in there...because it is likely gone.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:57 PM

How do the people who do Empire500 like 50 times deal with this problem? They can't possibly use the same name/info over and over. There must be some sort of trick.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do the people who do Empire500 like 50 times deal with this problem? They can't possibly use the same name/info over and over. There must be some sort of trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres no trick. i dont know about 50 times but alot of people have accounts for thier "wife" with a completely different netteller account. therefore they get twice the bonuss every month. using the same account-well-you see what happens.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:17 PM

my brother and i had a similar problem on party

we both share accounts on various sites and one of us tried to use our bank card on the others name and the account became frozen. i had to fax a copy of my drivers license and bank card. when they received it--i was ready to play again within a day

his sounds a little more severe but he may just have to come clean to get it back straight

good luck
beer
Old 08-10-2004, 04:18 PM

So he signed up under a fake name and everything was going fine until he tried to transfer the money into his neteller account.

how did he fund this bogus account? he could not have made a deposit with the real NETeller account, so where did the chips come from that he used to accumulate the winnings?
Old 08-10-2004, 05:24 PM

The only thing your friend can do is bend over and grab his ankles. The money is gone and rightfully so. I think the correct legal term for this is fraud.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:46 PM

He should come clean and hope for the best.

Still people see nothing wrong with rake back schemes, but they will understand one day, one day I'll be proved right.

Lori
Old 08-10-2004, 06:03 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing your friend can do is bend over and grab his ankles. The money is gone and rightfully so. I think the correct legal term for this is fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory, I agree with you, but how fair is that some get some rake back while others, mostly because they didn't know better don't?

I guess they (the sites) ask for this kind of behavior (from gamblers, who would have thought?) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William