Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-20-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Last 30/60 hi/low hand

Too aggressive, not agressive enough? Help:-)

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

Seat 1: $599
Seat 2: $1,272
Hero: $4,542
Seat 4: $485
Seat 5: $882
Seat 7: $1,666
Seat 8: $722.50

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.17 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (5.08 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls

6th Street - (17.08 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (20.08 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (23.08 BB)
Old 12-20-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Last 30/60 hi/low hand

after he raises you on fifth, I slow down and just check call. he easily could have you beat based on his raise on fourth (a likely hand to raise with would be 2345). just call him down
Old 12-20-2005, 06:39 PM

I think cases can be made for both limping and completing on third street, but I think that a limp is best. You already have one caller and your hand doesn't really have many high possibilities. Either way, I don't hate the completion by any means.

Fourth is interesting, you have a great low draw and a gut shot, one of your cards is dead though. I would probably jam it myself. Usually the bring in doesn't get much respect. It is probably close here too though.

Fifth I play the same.

Sixth is good too. On fifth you were telling him that you have a six low and it sure looks like he is telling you right back that he doesn't give a [censored]. Not to mention he caught another diamond which could mean that he has the high locked up. Calling is best here IMHO.

River is good.

Some general things I see in the three hands you posted are that you need to tone down your aggression with high hands and maybe increase a little bit with your low hands. Good luck in this game and keep us posted on how it goes.

Scags
Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 PM

Not your last one ever, I hope. I still don't have my money on Stars. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I like the completion on third, but I'm a loose cannon. I would jam it on fourth.

Betting and three-betting on fifth is fine. When he caps, it sure looks like he has something. The only way he can have you beaten is if he has 62 or 52 in the hole. You can account for some of those cards. He might be playing a high hand as well, so between that and a possible 65 in the hole, you might choose to go one more round with him, but I think taking your foot off the gas was probably the best course.

And you don't have to show us your stack size.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:27 PM

I might c/r 6th? I dunno