Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-11-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Checkrasie PF 3-better w/ flush draw?

<font color="green"> Canterbury 4/8 Live </font>

CO is fairly new to the table but appears to be a little weak-tight but also a little erratic.

Here is UTG w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="green"> PF: </font> Hero raises, folded to CO 3-bets, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> Flop: </font> J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red"> CO bets </font>, SB folds, <font color="red"> Hero check/raises </font> , CO ????

Is this a good line to take or am I spewing. I was hoping to get CO to fold a better hand with a follow up turn bet, or win by making a flush or back-door straigt or winning top pair.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Checkrasie PF 3-better w/ flush draw?

[ QUOTE ]
CO is fairly new to the table but appears to be a little weak-tight but also a little erratic.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont know what this means. the read is essential to this play's success because it is not for value, not for a free card and not standard.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont know what this means. the read is essential to this play's success because it is not for value, not for a free card and not standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

By weak-tight I mean he played few hands and folded big made hands on the flop to aggression.

By erratic I mean he also made quite loose calls PF.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:10 PM

A weak-tight player here is probably not three-betting you with a hand worse than AK (or a pair).

How often will taking this aggressive line encourage villain to fold AK on the turn?

That read is entirely the key to the hand. If the answer to that question is: reasonably often, 50% of the time, or something like that... than I think your line has merit. If he's never folding a better hand than I don't like it particularly, as you're simply charging yourself extra to draw against better hands.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By erratic I mean he also made quite loose calls PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont understand why you didnt just say this. anyway, to make this decision, look at the size of the pot. then think about how much equity you have. then think about how many bets you need to put in behind, then think about how often this succeeds.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:27 PM

<font color="green"> Flop: </font> .... Villian folds to my check/raise.

With 9 flush outs + 2 discounted overcard outs + 1 back-door straight outs + fold equity, I think I have at least 50% equity in this hand.

Anyway, in retrospect, I think I would have been better off just check/raising with a made flush or calling down or leading with a made pair. That way, I would have lost the least won the most from him.