Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 12-05-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: What Was This Fellow 2+2er thinking??????

I believe there's another forum for bragging about sucking out.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably figured he had two live cards and when u get short stacked sometimes the suited connector start looking good

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no real mystery about his play, bud...this is a thinly-veiled bad beat post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 03:11 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably figured he had two live cards and when u get short stacked sometimes the suited connector start looking good

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no real mystery about his play, bud...this is a thinly-veiled bad beat post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect my friend, this was a mathematical post and you all failed miserably..........

Here's what was posted:

Antes are 50 and blinds are 150/300. It's the 2+2ers big blind and he's short-stacked. Folded to him, and he pushes all-in for an additional 850 chips. Here's how it all adds up:

Antes=250
Blinds=450
My Raise=900
His Push: 1,750

TOTAL POT: 3,350

I have to call 850 chips to win 3,350, almost 4 to 1 on my money

If you all had done the math, you would see the his push wasn't for 1750, since he actually only had 1450 with which to push (850 over the additional 600 I raised him with). So really, the pot was 3,050, not 3350. I'm disappointed in all of you (or I just wrote this all wrong from the beginning, either way, great odds and I have to call anyway)
Old 12-05-2005, 03:17 PM

Here's what he's thinking, I can't just call because I can't afford to fold after the flop.

I'll have 1400 after this hand if I fold. I'll have 1200 after the small blind. I'll blow off 150 more chips on antes in the three hands before I hit the blinds again. I have some fold equity here even if its very small because of the pot odds. 8-9 suited is at least as good as anything I'm likely to pick up in the next four hands and there's a decent chance I'm 40 percent or better to win this hand. I have to push.

I wouldn't criticize him if he'd pushed with 7-2 off here, and 7-2 suited would be a standard push.

--Zetack
Old 12-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]

Here's what he's thinking, I can't just call because I can't afford to fold after the flop.

I'll have 1400 after this hand if I fold. I'll have 1200 after the small blind. I'll blow off 150 more chips on antes in the three hands before I hit the blinds again. I have some fold equity here even if its very small because of the pot odds. 8-9 suited is at least as good as anything I'm likely to pick up in the next four hands and there's a decent chance I'm 40 percent or better to win this hand. I have to push.

I wouldn't criticize him if he'd pushed with 7-2 off here, and 7-2 suited would be a standard push.

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see the reasoning for the 8/9 suited desperation move. I don't think there's any fold equity here, I can't lay down getting over 3 to 1 on my call, as one of the larger stacks (and being able to eliminate the toughest competition at the table is enticing as well, get him out and my path to 1st place becomes that much easier, he's definetely the strongest player in the group)

I don't agree with your 7/2 comment though, I think that would definetly hit the muck. But yeah, if he puts me on a hand like A/J offsuit or K/Q suited or whatever, then he's in the 60/40 range and can at least get it heads-up against one other hand. I don't think he could put me on K/9 of diamonds there, if he knew I had him dominated he'd fold. He likely thought he had live cards and made his stand.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, you keep running your mouth about how your reads are so good and you've been playing so well lately, blah, blah, blah. I'm making the drive to Mass. and I'll sit down at you're little table. We'll see how good you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know when you're coming down. I'd like to be there.

Not sure what Grandgnu did to you to get your panties in such a bunch. Whatever it may be, I'm pretty sure it's undeserved. Had you met him in real life I'd think you're feeling would be different. Or at least that you wouldn't use the guise of the internet to start a fight. In any case, repeatedly spewing insults in this thread is pretty pathetic and in my opinion casts you in a far worse light then your insults do to him.

As to the hand in question. I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about based on your description. I don't think it was a rational move. I don't think he calculated if there was any fold equity. I think he was getting desperate. Probably slightly on tilt. I'm sure he thought his cards were live and it was simply a matter of him thinking he wasn't that much of a dog against your likely range. Something to the effect of "I'm going home soon anyways, might as well try to suck out on AJ".
Old 12-05-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see the reasoning for the 8/9 suited desperation move. I don't think there's any fold equity here, I can't lay down getting over 3 to 1 on my call, as one of the larger stacks (and being able to eliminate the toughest competition at the table is enticing as well, get him out and my path to 1st place becomes that much easier, he's definetely the strongest player in the group)

I don't agree with your 7/2 comment though, I think that would definetly hit the muck. But yeah, if he puts me on a hand like A/J offsuit or K/Q suited or whatever, then he's in the 60/40 range and can at least get it heads-up against one other hand. I don't think he could put me on K/9 of diamonds there, if he knew I had him dominated he'd fold. He likely thought he had live cards and made his stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't agree with my 7-2 off comment? Fair enough. I'm not good at doing the averaging over ranges of hands, so I can't do the math accurately against the entire range of hands that you'd go 3 BB's with, but against two overs 7-2 off is about 30 percent to win. That's 2.33-1. The pot is laying him 2.75-1 to call. But he can't just call because he can't fold later. So he pushes. Alternatively, he could call and then push on any flop hoping you wiff entirely and don't want to waste another 850 chips, but I think he rightly figures that if you'll call an all in PF you'll call it on the flop regardless.

With 7-2 suited against two overs that don't duplicate his suit, he's just barely better than 2-1 to win, again getting 2.75-1 on his call, and again he can't just call because he can't fold.

The possibility of your range including having a pair better than seven, obvsiously makes his odds a somewhat worse.

*shrug* But play it however you want.

--Zetack
Old 12-06-2005, 12:11 PM

MrMoo, good ol' Russian Bear and I had an arguement over martial arts. It was in regards to ear strikes, and I stated that appropriately administered, a strike around the ear/jaw line could mess up an opponent and disorient him.

He began to argue with me, stating that "boxing the ears" was ineffective and insulting me. So I started dropping Yakov Schmirnoff jokes, posting pictures of Chuck Norris and other such fun things. It was really a good time, although it happened a little bit ago. Why he's following me around like a Troll now I don't know, but I enjoy finding random pictures to post, so I encourage him to continue on.

Zeetack, yes, I understand that the odds of the 7/2 offsuit are about 30% against my range. But I don't think he'd make that play there. At least with the 8/9 suited he's got about a 40/60 showdown. The ability to catch the straight or flush greatly improves his chances against my range as well.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:38 PM

Following you around like a troll? Keep telling yourself whatever you need to to satisfy your ego. Funny you don't take me up on my offer to prove yourself at the table, though. Perhaps you're not really as good as you think you are.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Following you around like a troll? Keep telling yourself whatever you need to to satisfy your ego. Funny you don't take me up on my offer to prove yourself at the table, though. Perhaps you're not really as good as you think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you didn't follow me into this thread? Also, when are you coming over on the boat, since you're so eager to play against me?