Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-13-2005, 05:14 PM

Default 3/6 1010, unsure on all streets

I've only been at table a few orbits but I've been getting good hands, and I think the table might believe me to be a maniac. Read on villain is decent and capable of check/raising. I opted not to 3-bet preflop because 1010 isn't that fantastically strong and I thought my chances of getting played back at were high re: my image. Now I'm not so sure about that reasoning though. Flop I don't think I like in retrospect, at the time I thought I might be ahead and wanted to clear out people with overcards. Is the turn a bet and fold to a check/raise? By the time we got to the river bet I couldn't think of a hand I was reasonably ahead of other than 88, 99, and maybe KJs. Did I screw this one up completely?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB
Old 12-13-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: 3/6 1010, unsure on all streets

You MUST 3bet this PF. TT is the fourth best hand in holdem. 3bet is manditory. Plus now look what you created postflop when both UTG+1 and BB called. A mess. If you 3bet this most likely the BB folds and 50/50 says UTG+1 folds. TT plays much better heads up or 3 handed.

After that I like the rest of the hand although I might!! call the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:21 PM

Please 3-bet preflop. This is the second post today in SS where someone has implied that TT is a marginal hand. This is ridiculous. TT is a monster. It's a [censored] monster.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:31 PM

Pre-flop: 3-bet...even if they think you're a maniac, who cares, you have a strong hand...and maybe if they do deem you crazy, they will call you down w/A high.

Flop: Based on your cold-call pre-flop, i like the raise here, MP1 is likely to be making a standard continuation bet w/AK, AK, KJ, 99, etc. It also gives us a better indication on the strength of our hand and gets us heads up.

Turn: I would bet here and hope MP1 folds or at worst get a free showdown. Folding to a check/raise is easy. Also, sometimes villain folds JJ. Sometimes, you get a call from 99 or 88. Sometimes KJ folds, sometimes KJ pays on the turn to see the river.

River: I'd call out of curiousity that the turn checked through. He might be betting with garbage or a smaller pair than 10s.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:10 PM

3-bet preflop and get the BB and UTG + 1 out.
bet the flop and turn. if checkaised on the turn fold. if called on the turn check the river unimproved.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:16 PM

Well aside from the obvious 3bet PF, I like it. You don't beat a lot of hands on the turn or river. The pot is laying you 7:1, but I don't think you're good that often.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:18 PM

blah blah blah 3 bet preflop, gots to its standard, blah blah blah. I like the flop raise. MP1 will most likely bet any flop with any hole cards. The turn is pretty crappy, but I think i could bet/fold and take a free showdown. You have some fold equity (maybe) if he doesnt have an A (Re: TT, JJ, KJ, KK(?), whatever other crap he raises with). but see this would have been an easier play if you 3bet. given that you cold called, maybe your way is right ways.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:50 PM

I agree with the 3-bet preflop...why would you want to end up with 2 or 3 opponents instead of making it heads-up if you can?

I don't know if I can call this river. I like bet/folding the turn and taking a free showdown. Unless he's the type of player that would play a pocket pair &lt; TT like this, I'm not sure what he's raising preflop after a limper that you can beat here.