Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 08:04 PM

Default HU SNGs, not enough info, good sources?

I've just started playing heads-up SNGs, maybe not for profit, I'll see how it goes, but just to polish my game, pick up some new knowledge, make some new good habbits my 2nd nature, and just have fun, 1 tabling and paying complete attention to this fast paced game.

I find that there's very little info available on this subject. Thsi seeems to be the only forum where HU SNGs threads are on-topic, and I've searched it and haven't found anything conclusive.

Some questions arise ... what is a good bankroll for HU SNGs as a main game? What are achievable long term win rates at mid-stakes (like 60% win or something of this sort?).

I find it funny how Eurobet/PokerRoom (and maybe others) rake 10% on HU SNGs (while Pokerstars and Full Tilt, to name a couple, rake 5%). Isn't 10% ridiculous? You'd need to win 55% of SNGs just to break even, seems awful.

Some more questions and topics for discussion: is multitabling HU SNGs worthwhile? HU play seems quite exhausting to me, and while 5+ tabling full ring or 9 player SNGs doesn't reduce your effectiveness too greatly, multi-tabling HU SNGs seems to, for me, and could make a winning 1-tabler into a losing 2-tabler easily, IMO. Any good articles?

Hope I'm not beating a dead dog.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: HU SNGs, not enough info, good sources?

I've played some $5 games on pokerstars (both limit and NL) just to practice, like you. I think I played 2 games simultaneously once, and as far as I recall my impression was that 2 tables might be viable, but that was 2 $5 matches. Overall multitabling just isn't viable imo. I don't really see them as a moneymaker.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:51 PM

Well, let's see, if you can maintain a 70% win rate, adn you play 50 + 2.5 on stars, averaging 30 minutes a match and playing 20 a day, that's 52.5 x 20 = 1050 in entry fees, and 70x100 = 1400 in winnings a day, 350. And you'd probably need about a $3000 roll for this. Is this doable? I'm not really considering this as a money maker for myself, but it sure seems possible, if you excel at this game and find it more fun than anything else.

What does a multi tabling 9-10-player SNGer playing 50+5 or 100+9s make a in 6 hours or so on average?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:01 PM

55 x 15% ROI = 8.25 per sng. 3.5 tables per hour so 3.5 x 8.25= $28.9 per hour. So by your calculations you would make more playing heads up. I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect to win 70% of your matches however.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect to win 70% of your matches however.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 09:14 PM

70% win rate is not possible unless you are a god of poker, but your average match length will be far less than 30 minutes.