Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: Do you like the flesh squeeze?
The flesh squeeze is the dumbest thing for any woman with over 20% Body fat 199 66.11%
Yes, it's odd, but it makes her happy so who cares. 49 16.28%
What are you talking about? 11 3.65%
I don't mind that pop n fresh dough because it doesn't make her look fat to me. 23 7.64%
Yes I love it. Squeeze that fat!! ohh yaaa 19 6.31%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Splitting Rent With GF

My girlfriend and I are planning on moving in together in January. We're most likely moving into this 1 BR apartment complex for $785/mo. We decided that in the worst case scenario, if we break up, I'll stay in the apartment and she'll move out, with no rush, once she finds a place or someone to live with. She works retail and odd jobs and makes around $1000/mo, and I play poker and make enough to cover all my expenses. My question is, how should we split the rent? 50/50? 40/60? 0/100? If you've had any similar experiences, post them. I'm totally lost on this one.

Thanks,

Edit: Not my gf, just complying with the hot chick OOT policy.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Splitting Rent With GF

I do not see how anything other than 50/50 would be the correct answer.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if we break up, I'll stay in the apartment and she'll move out, with no rush, once she finds a place or someone to live with.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck, with alllll that
Old 11-26-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if we break up, I'll stay in the apartment and she'll move out, with no rush, once she finds a place or someone to live with.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say that?
Old 11-26-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a freudian slip at breakfast the other day, my wife asked me to pass the butter, and I said, you stupid bitch you ruined my life!

Seriously, think about if you guys break up, how awkward everything is going to be....
Old 11-26-2005, 01:15 PM

me and my g/f are in almost an identical situation. We split it all 50/50, but I pay for all the recreation. It works out.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:16 PM

Add your incomes together (or your average p*ker income, as the case may be) and then figure out what percentage each of you contributes to that total. So if she makes $1000 a month, and you make $3000 a month from p*ker, it means that you bring in 75% of the income. Since you bring in 75% of the income, you should pay 75% of the rent.

Also, you need to factor in utilities, food, entertainment, etc... into your budget. The rent is only one aspect of your expenses. If you make consirably more than she does, you might consider also picking up the non-rent related expenses as well. $1000/month doesn't go very far.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:16 PM

In this case I don't think it really matters, you are going to be paying the grunt of it anyways. She only makes $1000 a month, so if she forks over $600 for rent and bills, you are going to have to pay for food and entertainment exspenses anyways. I guess it depends on how she spends her discretionary income. If she spends it recklessly then you should probably make her pay half. If she needs the money for car repairs, insurance, or something she really needs, you might want to cut her a deal on the rent.

I think it is important she pays something, b/c if not, control issues might eventually stem from the situation. If you are well off, you should probably make her pay an amount that keeps her responsible but doesn't keep her in a bind to the point she might resent you for it.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's a terrible idea?

Splitting is fine, but if money is that tight for her and it's not really an issue for you it's going to cause problems.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:23 PM

I cant believe that any sane male would agree to pay more just because he makes more money. They are not married, it is a completely different situation if they were, but this is not a good way to get things started. If she makes only 1000$ per month, tell her to stop being a mooch and get a real job and/or an education. Ill gladly pay for the bulk of drinks and dinner for a girl Im seeing, but anything like this is split 50/50.