Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-21-2005, 05:50 PM

Default 5/10 : two JTo hands

hand 1

Absolute 5/10

Hero opens on the CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , TAG sb 3bet , hero calls

flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

TAG bets , Hero calls ?

turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

TAG bets , Hero folds ?

This seems kind of weak doesn't it? Does someone have a better line?

hand 2

Passive CO limps, I complete with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , semi-LAG BB checks

flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero ??

I am lost here [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: 5/10 : two JTo hands

--blind response--
In hand 1, a tag has to threebet from the sb with any hand that he wants to play vs your range. once you just call, he then has to lead the flop with whatever cards he had. once you call again, he has the choice of either following up one more time, or checking and re-evaluating. Most tags fire again on the turn with whatever they had pf regardless of what cards came.

If you call that turn, you can probably bet a river when it checks to you or fold if it gets donked again.

hand 2:
I usually just donk this one and fire again on the turn if I get HU. See hand 1.

Other people checkraise this, but I'm not sure how to play that line.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:00 PM

I don't play 5/10 (3/6 for me) but I know that I'm 3 betting a fair number of hands that don't have an A from the blinds against a blind steal. I'd be tempted to reraise the flop.

I guess it kind of depends - has this guy been rolling over for you and letting you take the blinds, and now he wakes up and defends?

Hand 2 - I don't know, I hate that situation too. I'd bet out, you may take the pot down right now and you've got some outs...
Old 12-21-2005, 06:29 PM

Fold PF in hand 1. I'd fire out a bet in hand 2. You have 2 over cards, a gutshot and a weak backdoor flush draw.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:04 PM

Hand one I think you played fine. SB 3-bet preflop and its likely he has an ace given his flop and turn bets. Raise preflop is fine if Button and blinds are weak enough.

In hand two I don't like completing preflop with a semilag in the BB. He'll raise sometimes and he'll limit the amount you pick up the pot when you don't flop something. I check/call postflop since semilag BB will often find a raise with a oesd, gutshot, flushdraw, bd flushdraw, overcards, 22.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:24 PM

I think folding hand 1 pf is a mistake, this is Absolute (very tight) I called the flop, after he bets again on the turn I folded. I know TAGS fire most of their hands again on the turn, but what hand will fire again on this board that I beat?

Hand 2, I still don't know what is best [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anayway, thanks for the replies
Old 12-21-2005, 07:49 PM

These confuse me too but I will post blind anyway.

Hand one, on the flop I think you have to decide weather to continue or fold. I think it is better to just fold the flop since it is also double suited but if you were continuing I would raise the flop to try and shut up villain

Hand two: I would check here since a bet will be called by one of your opponents since one is passive and the other loose. I would call a single bet from the lag with a gutshot and 2 overs but not the passive guy

How'd I do?