Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 09:02 AM

Default 77 blind defens vs TAG.

Villian is a TAG around 25/25/2.5 after fewish hands. Is this standard? Check turn och fold river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 12-15-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: 77 blind defens vs TAG.

I'd call down after he check raises the flop. Maybe raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet given that it was an ace.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:06 AM

The river looks like an easy fold to me. I'm not sure about the rest of the hand but I probably would have played it the same (except for river call).
Old 12-15-2005, 09:14 AM

I have found that most TAGs check-raise the flopp with any pair in this situations so waiting to the turn with the raise and folding to a 3-bet might be a good line?

I agree I need to fold the river, no reason for him to bet a hand that i can beat here.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:22 AM

So you'd be raising the turn for value then? Or as a bluff? If an ace comes you are raising as a bluff, so I don't really like that scenario, if something else comes and you raise for value, do you really think a TAG calls you down here with a worse hand? That depends on the dynamic between you two, but it doesn't seem all that likely to me... given it is a blind war it could work but I don't think that you get him to call down w/ that line often enough to get the extra small bet or whatever. Also consider that hands like AJ/KJ/88-TT will be more inclined to call down a turn raise and then you lose more when you're behind but threaten to fold him out if you're ahead.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:46 AM

I vcall the flop and plan to raise the turn.
As the ace comes I think I rather let this go.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:49 AM

I dont see any god way to play this after the flop other then calling it down.

Most TAG's will check-raise this flop with hands lika A3, K3 and so on so I think that there is value to the flop-raise. If I don't raise on the flop or turn I realy need to see a showdown. So calling it down after his flop-raise can be that bad of a line.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see any god way to play this after the flop other then calling it down.

Most TAG's will check-raise this flop with hands lika A3, K3 and so on so I think that there is value to the flop-raise. If I don't raise on the flop or turn I realy need to see a showdown. So calling it down after his flop-raise can be that bad of a line.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. However, given that he checked, I might check behind and call one on the river.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:38 PM

I instafold this river. that is a value bet if I've ever seen one.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:27 PM

After the flop action I would probably seek to show this hand down for cheap. On the turn, I would check behind because if he has the A, you are dead and he might raise you again. So you check and just call one more on the river unless you think you are really beat and can fold it.