Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars is tough

[ QUOTE ]
The best thing about stars is the myth that the games are tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, unless there is a secret sng forum somewhere devoted to stars that we dont know about [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 04:14 AM

Good god - I just played a 9 handed $11 SNG on Stars: running time when I busted on the bubble: 1 hour 25 minutes. That's as long as the first half of the Titanic.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:28 AM

The length of Stars tourneys is the only reason I dont want to play there. Has nothing to do with the players. I should just play the turbos though, that would make sense. Those probally play more like Party.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:29 AM

The turbos play very differently, maybe depending on the time of the day or weekday/ weekend. Sometimes I am sitting with virginesque tighties and you are 7 handed at the bb400 level, sometimes the chips are flying from stage 1 to stage 4 and the bubble already burst at Level BB100.

Sometimes it takes from level BB200 to level 1200 to go from bubble to heads up, sometimes it takes just 2 hands.

Sometimes I fire up a set and sit with the same 3-4 players at almost all tables, sometimes I have different players at all tables.

Sometimes competition is atrocious, sometimes more than half of the players is at least as good as me.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
man oh man the bubble play there is just about perfect. Each bubble would last 30 minutes it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both these statements are entirely wrong. It's my impression (after 1000+ at both sites) that the bubble lasts shorter at Stars.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:40 AM

Yes the Pokerstars SnG's are pretty much unbeatable. I would advice everyone to stay at Party.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:54 PM

Play the turbo's.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good god - I just played a 9 handed $11 SNG on Stars: running time when I busted on the bubble: 1 hour 25 minutes. That's as long as the first half of the Titanic.

[/ QUOTE ]

they certainly are longer, i'll give you that. furthermore, I dont really like the payout (i.e., 9 people instead of 10) on the 1 tables.

try a few regular 2 or 3 table tourneys - they last about the same as the 1 tables and the bubble usually has players who are TOO tight.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:26 PM

Since the buy-ins aren't comprable it's tough to make direct connections, but I would argue that the Stars $15 Turbos are far tougher than Party's $10. With four left on Stars, it's not uncommon that three will have at least some idea of what they're doing.

Playing non-Turbos is lousy for your hourly rate, but good for your overall game.