Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-03-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Tiffany Writes an Article

[ QUOTE ]
No I'm not a candy ass. I just feel bad when I talk behind someone's back and they find out. Oh, wait, I guess that makes me a candy ass. I don't like to make someone feel bad or stupid. So I guess I shouldn't publish criticism like that in a PUBLIC forum where the people I am maligning might read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-03-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, Ade’s strategy goes something like this: any time someone raises his big blind, if he looks down and sees at least one face card, he’s going to play the hand. Well, I did the same: if there was one face card or better, and the raise was not too big, I quickly called and played the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your puzzlement. If someone mini raises your BB you are priced in with any two. Seems like an ok strategy.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have at it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Best,
Tiffany

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if that's really you, then I actually feel bad for starting this thread. I post with the assumption that it's only talk amongst the few of us here. So apologies if I hurt your feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in another thrad, I can confirm with 100% certainty that this is Tiffany Williamson.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, Ade’s strategy goes something like this: any time someone raises his big blind, if he looks down and sees at least one face card, he’s going to play the hand. Well, I did the same: if there was one face card or better, and the raise was not too big, I quickly called and played the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your puzzlement. If someone mini raises your BB you are priced in with any two. Seems like an ok strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody mentioned minraises
Old 11-03-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I'm not a candy ass. I just feel bad. I don't like to make someone feel bad or stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i hate to be harsh, but its pretty chicken sh!t to suddenly feel bad when your trash talk was heard by the person in question.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, Ade’s strategy goes something like this: any time someone raises his big blind, if he looks down and sees at least one face card, he’s going to play the hand. Well, I did the same: if there was one face card or better, and the raise was not too big , I quickly called and played the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody mentioned minraises

[/ QUOTE ]

Small raises then.

To me the most rippable thing in the whole article was this:
[ QUOTE ]
Bearing in mind he’s potentially putting his tournament life at stake, I figured it’s a big pair or maybe AK. So why do I make the call with AQ? Well, playing in the WSOP has confirmed something that I have long known about myself. I like the thrill of gambling!

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling when you "know" that you are dominated because it's your lucky hand....
Old 11-03-2005, 06:42 PM

Hmm lets see. You're articulate, self-deprecating, confident yet not cocky, and admirably bold - for many obvious reasons.

I'd just like to say "cheers" to you and yours
Old 11-03-2005, 08:30 PM

Hahahahaha, I just adore how you all rip on her for days and days and this and that and then she shows up and its all "I am sorry".

You E-thug-poker-yardies really need to stop posting the drivel you do, its getting awfully retarded.

Oh btw, congrats Tiffany.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:58 PM

Is it possible for people to laugh at how bad someone's play is, get a kick out of an article they wrote, and then when they respond to you in an articulate manner on a forum where they have a worse image than Adolf Hitler, you might just change your mind about them?

I still think the plays shown were laughable, but, I'll be damned if I'm not impressed that she came here and posted without flaming everyone and saying KISS THE RINGS BITCHES WHO HAS 800,000 DOLLARS or something. Since that's probably what I would have done.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they have a worse image than Adolf Hitler,

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't called for.

When we are often talking about ways to get even more people into poker, am I alone in thinking that a player being featured on ESPN that is a new player and also part of two groups not often associated with poker (black and female) is a VERY good thing...?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com