Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-03-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Tiffany Writes an Article

I object! You can't write stuff like that lady. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have at it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Best,
Tiffany

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if that's really you, then I actually feel bad for starting this thread. I post with the assumption that it's only talk amongst the few of us here. So apologies if I hurt your feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is me. No worries man. I can take a bit of ribbing as well as the next person. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best,
Tiffany

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, before you get tired of it (as has happened to almost every person who has ever appeared on big poker tv events and posted in this forum) and disappear:

I'd like to, as a fellow American Expat in London (I have not played against you or met you) who followed your progress in the WSOP, congratulate you on your excellent result and your heat win the Speed Poker Open. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, if that's really you, then I actually feel bad for starting this thread. I post with the assumption that it's only talk amongst the few of us here. So apologies if I hurt your feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, the article was not written as a strategy guide. And there is this:

[ QUOTE ]

During that first day, however, I quickly realized that if you put enough pressure on most guys, the kind of pressure where they have to make a decision for their tournament lives, unless they’ve got the absolute nuts, it’s more than likely that they’ll give up the pot and fold.

There are some exceptions, but most people don’t respond well to the constant pressure. Bold, aggressive play worked very well for me in a number of spots where I didn’t have the nuts, but I was sure the other guy didn’t have it either"

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is easy to say but hard to do.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:41 PM

I don't know if you explained this on another thread, but what were you thinking about when you had KJ suited against Sheik?

Were you thinking that he was trying to steal the pot? Just wondering. To many of us it just seemed an easy fold, but maybe you knew/saw something we didnt.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:41 PM

I'm sure that it is pretty uncomfortable to be constantly re-raised huge by a totally unknown female amaetur with a hand range that includes any two suited paint cards, and PP 66+, etc etc
Old 11-03-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, Ade’s strategy goes something like this: any time someone raises his big blind, if he looks down and sees at least one face card, he’s going to play the hand. Well, I did the same: if there was one face card or better, and the raise was not too big, I quickly called and played the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Best,
Tiffany

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How come I get the vision of a big beer can landing on your head about now, you little wussy ... "oh, no, I didn't realize the person that I was rediculing might actually read what I said. I'm so sorry." What a candy ass.

And, here is the thing. I suspect that Tiffany ... it has been confirmed her acount is the real deal ... probably would enjoy talking about why pocket 3's and 6s aren't premium hands, and why playing a hand today because you played it yesterday isn't +EV. But not when it is laced by all the "know it all ... I'm better than everyone else even though I can't even afford to enter the WSOP" crap that you find in this forum.

Tifany ... leave this forum as soon as you can, and don't turn back. Go straight to the MTT forum, and others here, where they actually talk poker. You'll still get your share of abuse there (some of it deserved, IMHO), but at least people will talk to you about poker with a little more respect.

NCAces
Old 11-03-2005, 05:54 PM

No I'm not a candy ass. I just feel bad. I don't like to make someone feel bad or stupid.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Best,
Tiffany

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really her.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I'm not a candy ass. I just feel bad. I don't like to make someone feel bad or stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure where she busts, but I got a feeling the years worth of income she made in a week will make her feel a little better.

Congrats, I hope to some day be made fun of on this forum.

Ken