Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: definitive sit-n-go strategy article???

[ QUOTE ]
if someone could tell me when they find this article or book that would be excellent. i have been looking and looking and cannot find any definitive stuff. i feel like i'm not learning anything until i read the official definitive literature on the subject, so please, help me find it.

c

[/ QUOTE ]
VERY thinly veiled sarcasm... you're going to need to be less subtle next time.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:51 AM

[bold][big][big][big]THREAD HIJACK ALERT[/big][/big][/big][/bold]

Would people buy a book if it came out? I mean, the forum is here, would people pay say, $30 for a 300 page book (or more pages, or more $) that was actually well put together and well conceived, on the subject of say, SNGs, Final Tables, and home games (home games being closely and clearly, but strangely, related)?

c
Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Would people buy a book if it came out? I mean, the forum is here, would people pay say, $30 for a 300 page book (or more pages, or more $) that was actually well put together and well conceived, on the subject of say, SNGs, Final Tables, and home games (home games being closely and clearly, but strangely, related)?

c

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they would. First of all, your market is not limited to this forum. Second, most of the people on this forum have already proven they are interested in learning, they would certainly want to read the "definitive" SNG book. Can you name me a book that devotes even a chapter to SNG's? Some of the HOH examples are SNG's, but I don't really think the advice given in most cases is relevant to winning SNG strategy.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd be willing to pay $132.56, but not a penny more.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 PM

patrick:

a) i'm glad you're posting a bit more in this forum. perhaps you were posting here some before and i didn't notice it, but i am glad that i am seeing you around more.

b) i guess i should get in better contact with unarmed and actually consider writing a book with him, or possibly just flesh out the notes i already have.

c
Old 10-18-2005, 12:03 PM

what's the minimum number of pages you would pay that amount for?

c
Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you name me a book that devotes even a chapter to SNG's? Some of the HOH examples are SNG's, but I don't really think the advice given in most cases is relevant to winning SNG strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee Jones "Winning Low Limit Holdem" 3rd edition has a chapter devoted to SNGs.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the minimum number of pages you would pay that amount for?

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're serious, the number of pages doesn't matter. I'd buy it.

The thing is, in the case of SSHE, it changed the way WE play, but it didn't change the way our opponents play, for the most part, especially B&M. There are more cardrooms to visit than one can begin to count and online poker is thriving.

Would that be the case with a SNG strategy book as well written and thought out as SSHE? I don't know. Kind of scary to think the "secrets" would be in the public domain (yes, I know this website falls into that category) and widely available in bookstores.

SNGs are for the most part restricted to a few good sites. Sure, you can find them live, but have to hit up WPT venues for round the clock action and at buyins some of us haven't worked up to yet.

Write the book cit, I'll buy it, but I fear the long term outcome.

Onaflag...........
Old 10-18-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cactus jack,

do you not have anything better to do with your time??? it's really quite pathetic. and yes, it is!

are there not definitive books like sklansky's TOP???

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite as pathetic as your original post, but it's within range. A definitive work would be one, not one or two. You're asking people to give you what they've worked very had to obtain for themselves. Do the work, boy.

Surprisingly, there may be something good to come of this thread.

Citanul, of course people would buy a book specifically devoted to SNGs. Whether that book could be written and cover any new ground is questionable. Some play the push-bot way, by the numbers using sng-pt and ICM, and others have differing styles. How one could cover all this and not be extremely controversial would be a neat trick.

CJ--who guesses he really doesn't have anything better to do