Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: What happened last night on ESPN on the Jennifer Harman bad beat h

His little speech and the way he played with his chips and delayed the call was totally uncalled for. It is the flat-out equivalent of slow-rolling, and has no place in the game at all. Jen had every right to be pissed, and I don't even think she overreacted that much anyway.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:24 PM

Guess I'm the only one that thought she reacted poorly, and that's fine, I don't need everyone to agree with me to make me feel better. I just feel she let it get to her more than someone of her level should. I still think if you watch it again, he reraised her on the river, therefore his speech was done to attempt to make her call ... even though, as previously stated, she was pot committed at this point, he still wanted to do what he could to make sure she called. I could be wrong, and being that this forum apparently has the smartest people on the face of the earth, someone will certainly point out my mistake.

Also, why wouldn't anyone that watches this episode make EVERY attempt to slow roll her from now on, seeing that she reacts this way? If you know that this will get under her skin that bad, why not take full advantage of this situation?

Oh to be a poker God
Old 10-12-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: I just found out the reason..

That's right, you figured me out. Another 2+2 Poker God. I was saying that if she reacts like that after a bad beat, she is apparently not as World Class as I once thought. Why didn't she just say "live poker is rigged". If she can't handle a donk making a miralce 1 outter, then I'm sorry for her. It's part of poker. I've seen hundreds of people do hundreds of worse things than that, but the players who lose don't always act like babies afterwards. There are exceptions, such as Poker Brat Phil, but he is a baby too. I didn't mind her being upset directly after the hand, but later when she went through the "Nice speech" deal, that was out of line on HER part
Old 10-12-2005, 03:30 PM

IMO, if you are in control of your emotions 100% of the time, you are a tool. 99% is acceptable.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:53 AM

I've played over 2 million hands and only experienced 2 1-outers. It's uncommonly brutal.

She wasn't mad about that anyway, it was about the slow roll which she should be mad about. It's unacceptable behavior.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why wouldn't anyone that watches this episode make EVERY attempt to slow roll her from now on, seeing that she reacts this way? If you know that this will get under her skin that bad, why not take full advantage of this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, and while we're at it, since slow rolling gets under just about everybody's skin, why doesn't everyone just slow roll everyone else as much as possible!! Whatever you can get away with! F everyone!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:10 AM

I think everyone is suppose to be nice to her because she is a girl.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played over 2 million hands and only experienced 2 1-outers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a statistical anomaly. I assume you are only counting cards that you can see, and not those folded by others at the table. Even so, since the chance of hitting a one-outer on the river would be 44-1, this means you will only have someone drawing to one outers 44 times in one million hands of play. You must play against much better opponents than I do. I recommend better table selection. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have had it happen to me at least 3 times that I can remember in live play and at least once online. I have played no where near 2 million hands. Probably closer to 200,000. Set over set loses when bottom set improves to quads. Nut flush loses when gutshot straightflush draw hits. Baby full house loses when second ace hits the board and two people each holding an ace chop larger full house.

There are many ways one outer situations can come up.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's right, you figured me out. Another 2+2 Poker God. I was saying that if she reacts like that after a bad beat, she is apparently not as World Class as I once thought. Why didn't she just say "live poker is rigged". If she can't handle a donk making a miralce 1 outter, then I'm sorry for her. It's part of poker. I've seen hundreds of people do hundreds of worse things than that, but the players who lose don't always act like babies afterwards. There are exceptions, such as Poker Brat Phil, but he is a baby too. I didn't mind her being upset directly after the hand, but later when she went through the "Nice speech" deal, that was out of line on HER part

[/ QUOTE ]

He called her allin, he said "i'm all in" but was in fact calling because her bet that put him all in. Second, he's not some average rookie donk, he's actually a poker pro and knows better than to slow roll yet did it anyway. Third, he knew he was dead on the turn yet made the call anyway and luckily hit a miracle card. To slow roll after sucking out like that is just bad business.

Others such as Barry Greenstein in early events have blown up over far less dick moves than what this guy displayed. Your obviously a douche at the tables yourself if you can't see that.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone is suppose to be nice to other players in general because anyone else would've broken the dude's face.

Unfortunately, Jenn is too little.

[/ QUOTE ]