Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Help with a couple of goofy hands from my last session.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

What would your play be on that hand?

---------------------------------------------

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Naturally I got really worried on the turn after tigger's raise, but I decided to call down anyway. I only had about 30 hands of info on tigger, but he was a fish so far. Should I have raised or folded there?
Old 07-17-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Help with a couple of goofy hands from my last session.

Hand 1 I raise the turn, you only have two opponents and there's only three cards they can have that you lose to at present. I definitely bet the river, if I had the best hand on the turn I still have the best hand now so get another bet in.

Hand 2 I would probably play the same, calling down feels weak but this is a pretty bad board for an overpair. Pot's definitely big enough to call on the end.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:48 AM

Hand:1

This hand looks quite tricky and it would have helped to have some kind of reads on your opponents.

I would have raised on the flop. Thats because its unlikely that anyone already had a made flush and I might still have the best hand if no one had a Q. I would not expect anyone with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to fold, but would hope to fold any other lone overcards to my pair.

After the turn, I would probably call down unless I thought that BB was normally a tight and passive player.

Hand:2

I would have folded to the turn raise. Even if button was a fish, I would consider it most likely that he had trip Q's here.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised on the flop. Thats because its unlikely that anyone already had a made flush and I might still have the best hand if no one had a Q. I would not expect anyone with the A ,K or J to fold, but would hope to fold any other lone overcards to my pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad idea. he most likely in fact to have the Q, so clearing any A-J is pretty pointless as you'll have to get your flush, trips, or goofy straight (J and 9) to win.

i don't know if i'd raise the turn as we could still be behind, but i would definitely bet the river when checked to.

Hand #2: i would have raised UTG's donkbet on the turn if Button 3-bets, i probably would hit the fold button.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:26 AM

I play the flop and turn the same in hand one. I don't raise the flop because our hand is very marginal and I don't expect to win unimproved, you could also get 3 bet by a draw here which might cause you to misplay it later. You're not protecting against a higher flush anyway. On the turn I go for the overcall in case BB has me beat. I bet the river when checked to.

Hand 2 I have to call down as there's plenty of semi bluffing opportunities. Against a lose passive fish who wouldn't do this without a Q you could fold.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:11 PM

Some results in white.

<font color="white"> Hand 1 -- UTG+1 scooped the pot with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I had a feeling.

Hand 2 -- Button did indeed have Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I guess he didn't show strangth on the flop due to his weak kicker. </font>
Old 07-18-2005, 01:18 AM

Hand one.
Flop: Raise. (or fold if you think UTG is tight). Protect your tens and possibly clean up higher [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s. That very well may have folded UTG+1. Your worst nightmare card is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. You won't ever fold that card, and you lose if you hit the baby flush. Other than that, you have a decent chance redraw on the other 3 Qs and to fold out higher [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s.

UTG+1 very well may have folded. Then you could have checked behind BB if the heart missed.

Turn: Raise. You might fold out a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River: I don't think you should have gotten here like this. I don't have any advice for you.

Hand 2. Turn: UTG says "I have a queen!". You say "Crud, I hope he is lying". Button says "I have a higher queen." UTG: "Oops, I guess I just had a jack after all." You: "CRUD!". You probably should have released it here, but I don't have a strong opinion on this.