Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Somewhat unusual girl situation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like you are too eager. Don't call, go on vacation, and when you call just say something along the lines of "Sorry I never got around to calling you-I've been out of town for a couple of weeks."

[/ QUOTE ]
I absolutely terrible when it comes to women, but this seemed like the obvious answer to me. So it has to be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very, very wrong. How would you feel to be the woman, give this guy your number, not hear from him for two weeks and then just have him call you out of the blue talking about how he went on some trip. He'll seem disinterested and she'll be disinterested in him. Try to make plans before you leave, even if it's a little thing like coffee or lunch, and if you can't, just agree to get together afterwards, but definitely take some initiative.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like you are too eager. Don't call, go on vacation, and when you call just say something along the lines of "Sorry I never got around to calling you-I've been out of town for a couple of weeks."

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely terrible when it comes to women, but this seemed like the obvious answer to me. So it has to be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should try doing the opposite of everything you normally do. If you think you should do something, go against it. If you think you ought not to do something, do everything in your power to do just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worked for George.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:28 AM

Call now. Be blunt and don't be nervous about it. Tell her/them you didn't want them to think you weren't interested and that you'd like to set something up when you got back.

Overall, you just can't act like you give a [censored] what they think about you. Be up front, honest, and blunt... in other words, grow a pair.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the other responses, but depending on where you're going, I'd call while you're on vacation - make them jealous and think you're well traveled.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is good advice.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the other responses, but depending on where you're going, I'd call while you're on vacation - make them jealous and think you're well traveled.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is good advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, super exciting vaca if you are calling girls you barely know because you have nothing else to do...