Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Got dumped while bangin\' my girlfriend...

... 9 years ago. I was 26 at the time and she was 22. We had dated for about 1.5 years.

When we started dating I just got out of a 2+ yr relationship and was not looking for anything serious. Unfortunately for me, she turned out to be the most intersting, intelligent and beautiful woman I have met to this day. But since I was self-centered and stupid - I treated her like garbage and she dumped me - as she should have.

Her value was so high, I groveled and begged her to take me back - something I had never done previously or since to "win" a woman back. She took short-term pity on me and agreed to give it another try.

A couple weeks after her taking me back we went out for dinner and a show. We ended up at her house and consumated our evening. Our sex had always been great, as far as I could tell, and this night it seemed just as good as ever.

Of course I had morning wood the next day and turned her over for another ride in the a.m. She obliged - but only for a short while. In the middle of the action (her on top) she stopped and informed me that she was "sorry, but I have no feelings for you HONEY and can't go on."

Well I was a bit shocked, but knew at once that she did not have a bad bone in her body (anymore) and she was simply relating her true feelings to me. Hard as it was, and "it" was, I knew it was over and that I had to leave. I pushed her off my manhood, put on my clothes, and left without another word. I heard her crying as I walked out of her bedroom. I cried a bit as I walked to my truck. This was the last face-to-face contact I had with her, and we never spoke again - until yesterday.

I took a golf, drinking, and football trip back to the old stomping grounds of Wisconsin this past week or so. I finished the trip with a round of golf at Whistling Straights north of Milwaukee yesterday. After the round I hustled to Mitchell Field to catch my flight back home to Vegas.

While drinking a beer and waiting for my plane, I noticed a woman who looked like my old girl, but thought it would be impossible that it would be her. Some old friends told me she married and lived in Green Bay or someplace like that. So I dismissed it as a hopefull delusion.

I was not sure why I hoped it was her though. This hope frightened me in a way. As my departure time approached, I made way to the gate and sat down and started playing online p#@e%.

A couple minutes into my session I came up for air only to make direct eye contact with HER. Sure as sh@t, it was HER. As shocked, surprised, and happy as I was to confirm that it was HER, I kept as cool as best I could and calmly lifted my left hand slightly from my lapper to give a way-to-casual wave hello to someone I had been terribly close to at one time and had not seen in almost ten years.

She was seated next to a guy that was way better looking than I have ever been or could ever hope to be. She obviously had traded up. She smiled broadly and walked over to greet me.

I can't describe the thrill it was to see her and talk to her again. Our first words were surprisingly intimate and familiar. She asked me simple questions like what I was doing these days and I responded with simplistic and half-joking answers like "waiting for a plane and I just finished golfing." For some reason she finds/found this crap very funny. We went on like this for some time, laughing and avoiding reality.

When the conversation turned real, things got tense and we both remembered the awkward and dissapointing terms of when we last parted ways. From this point on it was impossible to make any conversation. Besides, her husband was now shooting both of us dirty looks. He was not comfortable with our comaradrie. She picked up on all of this quickly and offered me a warm hug good-bye. I gladly accepted and suggested it would be great to run into her in an airport ten years from now.

Of course she, her husband, and mother-in-law were among the 15 other people on my flight from Milwaukee to Vegas. From the little I could not help but overhear, they were not very happy to learn of my relationship with her and did not approve of our little reunion - however innocent it was. Apparently she had previously told her husband our relationship was serious at one point and he was not comfortable with her seeing me again. The fact I overheard this conversation and their group's subsequent reaction made baggage claim a nightmare.

Anyway, I have since wondered why I had such a strong reaction to this encoutner. Toward the end of the conversation with her my voice was shaking and I could not think straight or make any sense at all. This is very unlike me. I am always very calm and rarely respond negatively to common pressure situations. I don't think I have any real feelings for her - it has been almost ten years, how could I? I thought I moved on rather quickly and never thougth much about her after the fact other than the times I discuss and compare old girfriends with my buddies.

She seemed very nervous as well. She was stumbling on words and looking for "the right thing" to say and for moments to be clever.

Very strange and interesting encounter. I am glad for it.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Got dumped while bangin\' my girlfriend...

Holy christ what a way to break up.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:32 AM

WOW I cried a little.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:42 AM

I hope history does not repeat itself in this case.

On another note, I am sorry for the poor attention to grammar and spelling. It is late, I am tired and have been drinking.

I will probabley regret revealing this episode.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:49 AM

I think you can take some small comfort in the fact that her husband and his mother are insecure, uptight dicks.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can take some small comfort in the fact that her husband and his mother are insecure, uptight dicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are... maybe not.

Unfortunately for all of us (me), other's weaknesses are their own problems - not necessarily our strengths.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a wanker he is.... For christ sake....

I'm now great friends with a couple of my partners ex's. Which kind of makes sense, because we obviously both have similar choice in friends.

Also, there really is no point in getting jealous about things that are done and dusted. If your going to get paranoid about anything, then surely that something has to be in the future and not the past.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are... maybe not.

Unfortunately for all of us (me), other's weaknesses are their own problems - not necessarily our strengths.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a noble stance and I applaud you for it. However, I will reassert that either the above is true, or, she still has strong feelings for you of which he is aware... and he's not as convinced of her 'trade up' as you are.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she still has strong feelings for you of which he is aware... and he's not as convinced of her 'trade up' as you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice of you to suggest and I suppose it could be true, but I know better. Nontheless, I suppose that would be a nice thing to believe. If I could convince myself to of it, it would not really matter if it were true or not.

Kinda like Sklansky's religion posts?

I could delude myslef to believing something comforting that could help me smile and be nice. But like most of the religous "faithfull", deep down I know the reality. I am much healthier acknowledging it and dealing with it rather than denying it and promoting false hopes within myself.

How did I get here? Sorry, way off-topic.