Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: ATTN: Richie Rich Haters

I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion on the quality of my posts. All I am asking for is a reasonable explanation from those who say continuously state, in other people's threads, that my poker-related advice is horrible. Not only will it save other threads from running on tangents, but hopefully show how unreasonable their statements are.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:03 PM

Seriously guys, this is a place of sharing knowlegde and wisdome, I dont know whats the deal with Richy Rich but I meen come on, this spoils for everyone.

I know we have muture moderators and they schould ban these threads and educate people in behaving. Who is ganing in such a thread? The only result this has is that one persons posted hand will be moved to page 2.

You dont haft to follow the alfa male to survive in a pack.
/Drunk during vacation
Old 04-23-2005, 07:07 PM

Click here
Old 04-23-2005, 07:09 PM

Richie, why don't you answer the poker question I asked you in the nut straight hand re: your action with various stack sizes?
Old 04-23-2005, 07:19 PM

why do you even care?

[ QUOTE ]
Many have said that I'm giving horrible advice in this forum. A majority of these people also happen to be the same persons with whom I have shared some sort of disagreement with in a written post. Coincidence? I think not.

To settle this once and for all, I have created links to some of my recent advice-sharing posts. I ask for sound reasoning and explanation as to why you think I am so far off the mark. I have yet to hear anything beyond "you suck at poker", "your logic is horrible", or "more respected posters are shooting through your argument". My aim is not to create more enemies, just understand the logic behind your reasoning.

Flame away.

ps~ Here is an example of someone who failed miserably to prove me wrong. Please use this as an example of how not to argue. Also, first person who makes a statement akin to, "you suck hardcore", without critiquing the provided links is funny; unoriginal and non-creative followers are not. Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-23-2005, 07:28 PM

Attention much?
Old 04-23-2005, 07:54 PM

Thought I already answered that one, Diablo. Since I suspected villian would most likely push with a made straight along with a freeroll to the flush (i.e. Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]), I wouldn't call if I felt the risk was too big relative to the reward. In this case the risk is losing $1800; the reward is most likely a split pot where the winner would collect $125.

Since mathematics is not my forte, I use a rather simple line of reasoning in this example. Because the odds of a flush hitting with one card to come is roughly 4:1, then I'd say hero would be making approximately a neutral EV move if he only had $500 left in his stack (4 x $125). If hero had more than that in his stack, let's say $800, then I'd say calling is a -EV move because the risk of losing is greater than the reward. Obviously calling with $1800 behind is even worse.

I am perfectly aware that these are not exact numbers. It's only an approximation. But it is the same approximation that I would use -- without pencil & paper or a calculator -- if I were in hero's situation.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:43 PM

my opinion of your posting/poker ability has been created over the year+ we have posted here together. hell if i am going to spend hours going through your posts and finding the ones we both read, in an effort to convince you of something you dont want to hear. but trust me there are lots, i dont randomly make judgements about people for the hell of it.

cya, this thread has been fun though
Old 04-23-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: idea

create a new I.D., continue to post, see if you still get called out, if so, then its pausible that their attacks arent personal.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:38 PM

I think you're missing the point. people are not hating on you here, they're just blown away at the fact that you offer simplistic advice in complex situations and then, to your own detriment, insist that things are as such even when faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

everyone is wrong from time to time. its how you handle being wrong that has so many people lining up to yell at you.

fim