Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Flopped baby flush, lots of action (3/6, full ring)

I ($570) complete in SB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] after 5 (!) limpers. BB checks.

Flop ($40, 7 players)
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $40. 2 Folds, then MP ($540) calls. MP + 1 ($500) makes it $104. One fold, then CO ($750) smooth calls.

I push for $460 more.

My default with baby flushes against significant action is to get it all in on the flop, but these are usually heads up situations. I have seen higher flushes, sets, two pair and straights in these HU situations.

With this many people, I wasn't quite sure what was out there, but the extremely draw heavy board led me to believe I could be ahead, and I wasn't going to fold.

Anyone play it differently?

Any comments appreciated.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Flopped baby flush, lots of action (3/6, full ring)

Looks good.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2005, 04:06 PM

Anyone play it differently?

Not if you weren't going to fold. I can find a fold here depending on the other players and what their range is to make each of those plays. But I think there's a good chance you're best.

I like your play, but I also expect to get called and finish the hand second or third best a reasonable amount of the time. By the time it gets back to you, though, the pot's big enough to take that shot at it.

- C -
Old 11-03-2005, 04:56 AM

Default RESULTS

All 3 players called [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Turn
9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River
2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I don't know what MP had, cause his hand got mucked. Since the board paired and he still lost, I figure he had a straight or top two [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. Or some combo with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...

The other two players had 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (MP + 1) and 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (CO).

That's why you limp with any two soooted cards, you can win big pots when 3 people flop a flush.

Thanks for the input.