Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: 6-7 suited in MP

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that doesn't like pumping the idiot end of the straight draw here?? With 8 other limping hands out there, hands like JT, QJ, QT are pretty likely, and it sucks pumping a draw, hitting it, and losing the hand. Is the backdoor flush draw what makes the difference here???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be honest that I didn't like it as much on the flop but my reasoning is I prefer to see the turn and pump it there. Perhaps a leak of mine. I'm with the OP if I had the JT it would be easier for me to pump the flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that doesn't like pumping the idiot end of the straight draw here?? With 8 other limping hands out there, hands like JT, QJ, QT are pretty likely, and it sucks pumping a draw, hitting it, and losing the hand. Is the backdoor flush draw what makes the difference here???

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I'd try to make my hand for as few bets as possible given the reasons already stated.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM

Exactly...it would certainly suck to pump this flop, and then a J or Q falls on the turn...We just pumped the flop just to see 4 of our outs become very dirty.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the number of loose, passive players in the pot is what makes the big difference. Even with the ass end of the OESD, we must have at least 20% equity here? Plus, we'd like to build the pot past that critical mass where everyone calls down your aggression (if you hit, obviously) on pot size alone.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:20 PM

not sure if I'd raise the first bet, I am definitely reraising the second one for value.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:26 PM

I'd bet it, c/r is a dangerous game here and these calling stations will call you anyway.
BET.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:18 PM

River: (14.75 BB) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">A rather uneventful ending to all the flop madness... </font>

RESULTS (problems with the converter so tried to hide it best I could):

<font color="white">Hero shows 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for straight, six to ten.
MP3 shows 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for two pairs, nines and eights
CO shows 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a pair of twos
UTG shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a pair of nines

Hero wins 18.75 BB with a straight, six to ten.

Uh, CO &amp; UTG were rather interesting players in that hand. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
Old 12-13-2005, 04:20 PM

I think that raising either should protect your hand by cutting out better hands or it should build a bigger pot. This pot is already so big that the pot odds for gutshots are okay. So everybody will stay in. For me there is no reason to raise.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:22 PM

3-BET!!