Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Turn bluff.

Villian seems to cold call quite alot and has seen me fold to flop raises before. I called his raise planning to c/r any A/K/Q/J, good plan?

65 hands 36/8/1.4 w2sd 38 w@sd 46

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (8.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB
Old 12-03-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Turn bluff.

from my experience these just dont work liek ever, id fold turn
Old 12-03-2005, 04:21 PM

Yuck. I fold to the flop raise. There are better times to get fancy and you only have legit outs if you think an A-J is really going to give you fold equity. That said, if you insist on playing this way your turn line is fine.

What's up with the river, though? If he actually has an ace he's calling down or raising you. If he doesn't have an ace or two pair, he might try and bluff you out on the river. Now that you've hit the queen you need to check/call this or you'll run into too many situations like this (and if Villain really IS trying to push you off your hand on the flop and turn you could have just lost this hand to QJ or KQ, consider that.)

Basically, don't get creative like this with someone who goes to showdown 38 % of the time, unless you hate money.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yuck. I fold to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much alway fold here and have had to fold around 6 out of the last 7 flops to raises.

[ QUOTE ]
What's up with the river, though? If he actually has an ace he's calling down or raising you. If he doesn't have an ace or two pair, he might try and bluff you out on the river. Now that you've hit the queen you need to check/call this or you'll run into too many situations like this (and if Villain really IS trying to push you off your hand on the flop and turn you could have just lost this hand to QJ or KQ, consider that.)

[/ QUOTE ]

From what you said i'm guessing my thinking is completely off here, but here it is...villian is going to showdown here an awful lot with just a pair here. He seems like the stubborn type, the i raised your flop bet so i go to showdown type. I thought the river was a silm value bet and he wasnt going to raise me with anything that i beat.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

From what you said i'm guessing my thinking is completely off here, but here it is...villian is going to showdown here an awful lot with just a pair here. He seems like the stubborn type, the i raised your flop bet so i go to showdown type.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a great argument for why your turn c/r is so bad.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what you said i'm guessing my thinking is completely off here, but here it is...villian is going to showdown here an awful lot with just a pair here. He seems like the stubborn type, the i raised your flop bet so i go to showdown type.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a great argument for why your turn c/r is so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about this, your right. Rubbish plan and maybe a little tilted because of how many times i've been raised on low flops.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:12 PM

I'm not folding to the flop raise. c/f the turn though. This just isn't the spot to try this. If you never bluff raise someone with a &gt;30 VPiP, you'll probably be making one mistake every thousand hands if that.