Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 03:57 PM

Default On-line tell?

I was playing SSNL at two tables at PokerPages; Villain was at both tables as well.

At Table 1, UTG, I folded small-unsuited cards and went to Table 2 where I was the BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . While in middle position at Table 2 Villain raised the pot, almost simultaneously he raised the pot at Table 1. Seeing both pot-sized raises I immediately thought he’s trying to steal at both tables.

I had folded UTG at Table one and the rest of the table folded around to Villain, who took the pot. At Table 2 the Button called the raise as did I. The flop came K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I checked to Villain who has been making pot sized raises on the flop, figuring he would make a pot sized raise on this flop as well. As expected he raised the pot, the button folded, and I re-raised the pot. Villain folded immediately.

What do you all think? Are the simultaneous raises a legitimate tell for Villain (this is only second time I've played with him), or did I just get lucky picking him off at Table 2?
Old 10-29-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: On-line tell?

[ QUOTE ]
What do you all think? Are the simultaneous raises a legitimate tell for Villain

[/ QUOTE ]
not always. It just so happened that he didn't hit that flop. Players like the villian in this hand tend to get paid off because someone will get tired of their pot raises and reraise when the villian has flopped a monster.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: On-line tell?

Impossible to draw any kind of conclusion from this. make a note to watch for this in the future and just keep on playing. Make no plays based on this until more hands are collected to support your theory.