Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 01:26 PM

Default What is your win rate for HU SNGs?

I started playing these because they are fun and I think I am pretty good at them. The thing is that you need to win over 55 percent of the 5+.25's to turn a profit. What is your win rate in these? With the randomness of poker and the variability of opponents, I would assume that 65 percent is a high rate to win these. Of course there is a lot of variance.

I have noticed that the rematch button is my friend, especially against the gambolhoics.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: What is your win rate for HU SNGs?

was 27-12, but dropped quite a bit, ended 31-21, all 10 + 0,5 $ HU on pacific, and i think batter than 3-2 is quite doable longrun, but dont know for sure.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:37 PM

I was wondering the same thing and started another thread on the topic but neither mine nor this thread seem to be getting many responses... Are there not that many heads-up players around here, or just not many who track their results? I would think this would be the best website to get this info, but so far few seem to know anything about this topic...

Here is what I posted in the other thread:

I have just started playing heads-up SNG's after I beat a friend of mine in three straight heads-up matches (he plays far higher stakes then me and my beating him inspired me to play more)...

I am curious what kind of win percentage is "standard" at $10 heads-up no limit hold-em sng's and higher...

As far as my background (if that makes any difference) I have been a winning online player at low stakes nl hold-em (up to .25/.50). I have had 13 straight winning months in a combination of 6 max and full table ring games at various online sites. I have not moved up to higher limits because the $600-$900 a month I make at the low stakes is very much needed as a supplement to my income. I only play a few (say 4 or 5) multi-table tournaments a month and I have a pretty solid record at them (I usually play tournaments with buy-ins between $10-$30) and I have had two big $1,200+ cashes as well as several other small cashes...

So far I have played about 50 of these $10 heads-up matches and I have a 70% win percentage which seems really high... Should I now move up to the $20 games or do I need a bigger sample size?

At full ring games and tournaments I am a very tight aggressive player, but at these heads-up matches I am super aggressive. I raise the pot 80% of the time from the button and often bluff at big pots when I sense weakness...

So, am I just on a hot streak, when should I move up, will my hyper aggressive style work at higher levels? So far I just feel like I am in full control of virtually every match I have been in, and only general variance (other guy getting great cards) are the reasons I have lost those 30% of the time... There really has only been one or two opponents that I have played that I felt were as good as me or better...

So, what is a standard win rate for $10 heads-up matches and higher???

Thanks in advance for any posts...

-
Old 06-10-2005, 10:14 PM

Most of the players with HU experience here will not know the correct way to deal with a SNG structure (escalating blinds, cannot rebuy, etc.). Ask around the STT forum.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:21 AM

I have been playing quite a few $50+2.50 HU Sng over at Stars. My record is 55-37 over the last 92. I am 11-12 in the $100+5 and 7-4 in the $200+10. I usually play these with 1-2 MTT or 4 gaming on Party.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing quite a few $50+2.50 HU Sng over at Stars. My record is 55-37 over the last 92. I am 11-12 in the $100+5 and 7-4 in the $200+10. I usually play these with 1-2 MTT or 4 gaming on Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like a solid performance at the $100 level... What style of play do you face at those higher levels for the most part...

-
Old 06-11-2005, 06:27 PM

The competion varies but is generally tougher. You can tell that they are playing off of you. Lots of bluffing and raising off of scare cards. You must do your share of bluffing and value betting.