Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Could\'ve played this better?

Just sat down. First time I've played fullring in awhile. Should I be check/calling down on a blank turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero cries
Old 11-15-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Could\'ve played this better?

:Grunch:

Ill have a go..

I like the flop. Re-raising doesnt have much (if anything) going for it. Betting out is better than check-raising as the board is draw heavy and check-raising does not protect our hand.

On the turn i dont see any reason to bet out. Thats a horrible card for us and its pretty clear from the flop action that SB is likely to be on a draw.
I would check/call a single bet and check/fold if its 2 back to me.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:26 AM

he most likely has a better overpair than yours.

call down from MP from the turn, if SB comes to life at all then just fold it

the only reason to bet the turn is if you have a good enough read to bet/fold.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:27 AM

*grunch*

This is a tough one (for me at least!). I'm a little unsure of leading out on the flop. Can we protect this hand with a bet? Or is this an example of check/call/wait for the turn since our edge is small on the flop (vulnerable to overcards) and the likely flop bettor/raiser is to our left?

Sorry for the divert...as played I would c/c especially since MP2 is so aggro here and I'm worried about SB overcalling.

This is definitely a learning post for me!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:41 AM

*Grunch*

I'd have c/r the flop. MP2 loved his hand PF, so I'd try to get the SB to fold by calling two cold and go heads up.
Cap the flop.
I'd prolly check call as with no reads MP2 might have overcards, a PP. After all you still have JJ which are pretty good hole cards.

Where'd the River go?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 AM

*grunch*
Preflop &amp; flop I'm ok with but once he raises/caps and then raises I think I'm giving him credit for a hand. (not to mention the SB who may be lurking with a hand or a draw he is willing to pay alot of bets for).
On the turn you are probably behind and if so you only have about 3 outs to a winner (2Js plus one gap BDSD) and even those are not solid winners due to the board 2 flush.
For the turn and river I check/call for 1 bet or fold to a raise.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:20 AM

fold the turn. MP2 looks to have a big PP, and SB scares me with all that cold calling on a draw heavy board.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:31 AM

Why did you bet out that turn?

I ask this in general, as well as from the perspective that you didn't 3bet the flop, so why bet on a turn card that completes 2 draws

In a vacuum, I'd prolly end up C/C'ing down... don't know if that is the best play, any opinions?

The way you played it, I think you have to fold when its raised back to you
Old 11-15-2005, 10:43 AM

3bet the flop.

If he caps: Call down for 1bet each streets, Fold if more than 1 back to us on any street.

if he calls, bet the turn... Be prepared for SB to wake up... Then re-evaluate.

The way you played it, the turn is a fold. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]