Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Flopped nut flush, in position, being bet into... line?

I would have played it the same as you.

One question- what situation (i.e. reads) would you need to raise that flop?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it would have to be a person, with VPIP between 0-100, and pfr between 0-100. an AF of over 0 would be nice too. oh and only raise if they have TWO cards in front of them.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have played it the same as you.

[/ QUOTE ]
The situation I would need is this hand in the OP. I would raise this flop with the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a K, so I don't think your opponents are going to figure out you have the flush when you raise the flop. I also don't think there is any guarantee that the BB bets again on the turn, or that the guy in the middle calls again. Also, a turn [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is really going to kill your action.

I would raise the flop, and if you get 3-bet start to get happy and "smoothcall" to raise the turn.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it would have to be a person, with VPIP between 0-100, and pfr between 0-100. an AF of over 0 would be nice too. oh and only raise if they have TWO cards in front of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this is an auto bet. OOP, I would bet this, because "fastplaying is the new slowplaying" (great line). Last to act though, I'm only raising here against fairly tight players.

Much of the value of betting with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is to get others to fold because you know they dont have the nut flush. If someone has a weak flush, say 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], you may get them to fold by putting pressure on them with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in your hand. Having flopped the nut flush however, you dont want to put that pressure on during the flop. You want them to think their hand is good, and for them to value bet into you.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:29 AM

you went to the flop 3 handed, if anyone has 4c5c you are capping every street with them unless they are an absolute fish. you risk losing up to 3BB by slowplaying the flop.

also, you want to raise here a lot more against looser players as they are much more likely to pay you off. a tight player may find the fold button later on whereas a loose player will most likely call down to the river with KQo. (I know i would)
Old 12-19-2005, 12:32 AM

Also, a decent player will recognize a "smoothcall" on the flop and a raise on the turn as a super-strong hand more than if you just raised the flop. Yay deception!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise. If three bet, then you can smooth call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the line I like the most here. Smoothcalling and then raising the turn will raise suspicion, at least at me and I would fold unless I had a strong hand... Personally, I never slowplay, I want to get as much in there as possible and if they fold, they probably wouln't call a turn raise either.

Too bad you didn't post the stakes.