Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-13-2005, 03:06 AM

Default 3 Interesting Hands vs Same Villain 2/4nl

This is quite a bit into the session. Quick opinions. I am probably projecting a tight image because of being mostly card dead. Villain is too lose preflop but plays reasonably post flop, *not* great but *not* terrible. From a *very* small sample size of shown down hands the *general* trend has been more bet = more strength (full potish), less bet = less strength (30-50% pot). They are in chronological order and happened within 1 hour. Opinions on any part of any of the hands that you find interesting are welcome.

Please excuse the format, the converter did about 50% so I had to fill in the rest, should all be there though.

Hand #1:
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter
Hero has $168.60, Villain has $461.30.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG raises to $8, 2 folds, SB calls $6, Hero calls $4.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets $25, Hero raises to $65, UTG folds, SB calls $40.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets $35, Hero goes all-in for $95.60, SB calls $60.60.

Hand #2:
Hero has $363.20, Villain has $298.70.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $12, 3 folds, BB calls $8.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets $18, BB calls $18.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets $60, Hero folds.

Hand #3:
Hero has $286.60, Villain has $270.20.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, 1 fold, Button calls $4, SB calls $2, Hero checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $11, UTG folds, Button calls $11, SB folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $26, Button raises to $52, Hero raises to $200, Button folds.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: 3 Interesting Hands vs Same Villain 2/4nl

Don't see why there's any need to post a hand where you have 30BB and flop trips...

Second hand is based entirely on your read of him...

Third hand makes no sense to me.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:18 AM

Hand 1. You don't have enough to do anything else. If you're beat here that's too bad.

Hand 2. If you think his pot-sized bet means better than TPTK, then go ahead and ditch. But he could have say Ac Kx/Qx too.

Hand 3. I do not understand your turn reraise. It's not especially draw heavy, just call?

I guess you have reasons for being shortstacked, but I don't especially like it.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:29 AM

hand 1: obvious

hand 2: Unless he's making a lot of moves/views you as super weak, its a fold.

hand 3: I like the call on turn. Plan to c/r on river, or block if you need to. If you want to 3 bet, push, but you prob only get action when your behind.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:51 AM

Hand 1 &amp; 2 fine.

Hand 3: I don't like the 3 bet. I call the raise and 1/2 pot a blank river.