Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #1

This is reasonably standard. Curtains, you're giving away too many secrets with this project.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is reasonably standard. Curtains, you're giving away too many secrets with this project.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHHH!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:46 AM

I c/r allin here vs the right opponents.

Curatins line is good here without a read though, u arent letting go of this hand period.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, what other hand do you push the flop here with? Do you ever overbet push with a set?

Basically, what I am wondering is do metagame considerations come in here. An overbet push sure looks like a big draw and if thats the only type of hand you do this with it seems like 1 pair hands will look you up often. Maybe I'm overestimating this factor, but I don't play the 215's so I don't know how often you see the same opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually overbet allin with many hands here due to the 3 flush. I basically always overbet allin here with top pair or an overpair.

Sometimes I overbet with a set, but thats usually when I am playing at a table where there are a lot of regulars. I try to play slightly more unpredictably in situations like this in those spots, but ok usually I just play my normal game.

Most of the hands I bet here will be allin. I don't like to mess around with smaller sized bets in big pots.

Anyway goin to bed now, goodnight all!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:06 AM

This is awesome.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:11 AM

I like it because you are in a special stack position, although you still have time, the table is probably agg and with big stacks reduces your edge. It's through moves like this that you will earn respect and not be bullied around. I think that's a key factor that your stack is way below averag.

May I ask would you do the same if there was say 8 players left (same amount of payers see the flop) and everyone had equal stacks?
Old 12-09-2005, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 08:57 AM

I rarely find myself in a situation like this. The stacks at the table are huge at this level. Given that you're ahead and have a slight edge against most hands. Worst case scenario is a set which leaves you a 2-1 underdog.

I probably wouldn't think of pushing here, but it looks right to either double up or at least increase your stack if he folds.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This hand is totally standard for period

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

I don't see how anyone else can suggest another line, your reasoning is spot on and nothing else makes any sense.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Does anyone ever consider check raising all in here, particularly against a thinking opponent? If you check, its likely your opponent will bet, but not bet so much to take away your FE on your raise. I wonder how many more hands your opponent will call with when you cr here than just bet out? I'm guessing not many. He might call with less hands. A thinking opponent might even muck a hand like KQ here at this level, since a cr on the flop in this situation usually represents such a powerful hand.

moses