Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-06-2005, 12:09 AM

Default How good is Bayou Poker\'s \"Bottomless Bonus\"?

The language on the website and at Bonuswhores states that for every $2 of contributed rake, you earn $1 of bonus. My question is: does "contributed rake" at Bayou mean only the rake that I pay directly if I'm betting; or does "contributed rake" at Bayou mean whatever the rake happens to be in a hand where I am dealt cards?

How does their 200% deposit bonus work out for a tight 50NL player?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: How good is Bayou Poker\'s \"Bottomless Bonus\"?

It's a 50% rakeback deal, which is 50% of the rake attributed to you in each hand. So if 10 players are dealt cards, and the pot is raked $2, your share is .20, for .10 rakeback, regardless of how much money (if any) you actually put in the pot.

As a tight player, you'll actually pay less than your "fair share" of rake.

There are literally zillions of PokerRoom skins offering 70% signup bonus rakeback deals, so if you don't mind continually signing up, depositing, withdrawing, repeating, you'll do better with those. Eurobet alone is 70% up to $600, which should last you a pretty long time.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a 50% rakeback deal, which is 50% of the rake attributed to you in each hand. So if 10 players are dealt cards, and the pot is raked $2, your share is .20, for .10 rakeback, regardless of how much money (if any) you actually put in the pot.

As a tight player, you'll actually pay less than your "fair share" of rake.

There are literally zillions of PokerRoom skins offering 70% signup bonus rakeback deals, so if you don't mind continually signing up, depositing, withdrawing, repeating, you'll do better with those. Eurobet alone is 70% up to $600, which should last you a pretty long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. My problem with Eurobet is that the bonus expires in 90 days. The nice thing about Bayou is the unlimited time frame.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:21 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about the bonus expiring. If you're not sure you'll be able to finish an all or nothing bonus in the time permitted you might just make a smaller deposit (you could even ask to have your time extended?). I have accounts at 7 PR skins now and none of them have had a problem with me making deposits and withdrawing them shortly after (though a couple, including Bayou have a 1x WR before they'll allow withdrawals). There have been reloads by one or more of the PR skins every month for the last several months and some of them (e.g. hollywood, checknraise) release bonuses in smaller increments.

I like Bayou because some of the owners seem like genuinely good people but 50% contributed rakeback can't compete with the seeming bottomless string of reloads that amount to 70% NON-contributed rb or better. When I have the time I still try to play at Bayou to offer at least a small level of support but it's hard to ignore those other bonuses.

In Bayou's favor though, they sent an email promising a download version in the next week or so and they offer a cash for points deal that adds a few extra % equivalent in rb. I've also seen claims of rb available for bayou but I know of no specifics so no PMs please.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like Bayou because some of the owners seem like genuinely good people but 50% contributed rakeback can't compete with the seeming bottomless string of reloads that amount to 70% NON-contributed rb or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand correctly, the bonuses at e.g. Eurobet give 0.7 "points" per $1 of rake and pay out $1 for 10 points; this amounts to a 70% rakeback at a ten-handed table but only 35% (or less) if you play 5-max tables as I do.

In that case I think the Bayou offer is better, but perhaps I am totally misunderstanding.

Guy.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:06 PM

My math gets real shaky when I get away from full ring LHE because I'm not sure how the 70% goes to 35% since the proportion of points per $1 rake is constant. I know there is an average figure involved because obviously loose and tight players would pay different amounts of rake and the # of players seeing the flop for shorthanded games is much higher (and with bigger pots). And of course the difference between contributed and non-contributed rakeback is going to be a lot less for shorthanded games. MATH IS HARD!!!

So... I'll cheat and just say the BW chart says Bayou is better for .5/1 and 1/2 shorthanded games but Eurobet at 10x is better after that until you get to 50/100.