Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Lots Goin\' On with A4s

So I decided I wanted the 100% Eurobet bonus they've been yelling at me about and I have rakeback there and so on and so forth so I have a Eurobet/Pokerroom.com hand for y'all...

The table is playing pretty tight in general.

Reads:
-UTG+1 type is kind of loose/fishy/weak/weird (40/6/1.3 over 30 hands or so).
-UTG+2 is tight but super-passive (16/1.3/.67 over 70 hands or so).
-CO is pretty much of a fish from what I can tell.(53/3/1.1 over like 35 hands).

Eurobet/Pokerroom $5/$10 (9 handed)

Deranged is on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Pre-flop: one fold, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, two folds, CO calls, Deranged calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop (6 players, 6 SB): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Two checks, UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Deranged calls, blinds fold.

Turn (4 players, 5 SB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 calls, CO folds, Deranged raises, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River (3 players, 11 BB): A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 folds, Deranged...?

I think every post-flop street is interesting.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Lots Goin\' On with A4s

I like calling on the flop since our kicker is pretty weak and two have called. See what the turn brings for us.

Good turn card. I like your raise for a free showdown and it also extracts value from the guy in the middle.

On the river I'd just call hoping to split it. I don't see too much value in raising here.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:27 AM

It's good to just call the flop to see where you'r at before committing to the hand. If the turn goes gonzo or another broadwaycard appears (with some agression), you'r happy to get out cheap.

I think the chance he does not hold an ace on the river is very small. And the chance he has a better hand is also very small, its a rare player who doesnt push AQ or A9 harder than this. But i don't think raising has much value, i'd just call. My guess is that he infact in this particular case didn't have an ace, thats why you posted. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 06:28 AM

On the flop, I like the call. You can't really protect (unless UTG+1 3-bets, which I think we'd prefer not to see), and I'm not really sure a raise would be for value. That's a scary flop for UTG+1 to be firing into, though of course at this point he could just have KTo or J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

On the turn, I'm okay with the raise, though it would suck if UTG+1 3-bet with JTo. I'd be tempted to call and hope the river action went bet, call on a club, but I guess maybe that's a lot to ask for.

On the river, I think I'd just call. You wouldn't think UTG+1 would call with less than trips, but I suppose maybe he'd pay off with KQ, if he played that hand this way for some reason. I'd hate to get 3-bet here, though, and find myself in a position where I'm calling, hoping to chop.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn (4 players, 5 SB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 calls, CO folds

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your play if the 9 wasn't a club?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 AM

Just curious, with same flop, but no club on the board, would you have even called, or would you have folded, assuming your kicker is too weak
Old 12-05-2005, 08:21 AM

I'd just call the river. If that was NOT a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I would have folded.

Not sure I like the raise on the turn. You are only getting 2 extra bets. If there were MORe then 2 players yea but with 2 I'm not sure it was wise.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:27 AM

I would have to fold the flop, but having gone this far make a crying call in case some one was chasing a flush or str8
Old 12-05-2005, 09:29 AM

Every post flop street seems standard.

Assuming you call the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:09 AM

Flop is standard.

I didn't think I liked the turn, but now I do. Since we're already tied with A2-A8, which is probably a decent portion of UTG+1's holdings, we are often on a freeroll, plus we get to charge the fish tagging along. We're only behind A9-AK, and those are less likely due to the boad and no preflop raise. Plus we have a lot of outs against them anyway.

River is a pretty easy call, I expect you'll chop most of the time, and you aren't folding another ace.