Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: 50/100 vs mahatma

fold turn and show [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 09:55 PM

You obviously have a hidden motive for betting the flop. IMO posting this hand without being willing to discuss it is absurd. It's crucial to the hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:53 PM

agreed.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, if my intuitions about the reasoning behind your flop bet are correct, then I kind of fancy check/call the turn, and then faux block-bet/value bet the river and call a raise . . .

-neon

[/ QUOTE ]

imo that is the most vital part, it would not be bet/fold, it would be bet/call, because calling the turn to lead the river is the most easily recognizable showdown line, and obv hat will pick up on it, and thus could raise w/ nothing (if he was bluffing the turn)

that in fact could be the best line.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That said, if my intuitions about the reasoning behind your flop bet are correct, then I kind of fancy check/call the turn, and then faux block-bet/value bet the river and call a raise . . .

-neon

[/ QUOTE ]

imo that is the most vital part, it would not be bet/fold, it would be bet/call, because calling the turn to lead the river is the most easily recognizable showdown line, and obv hat will pick up on it, and thus could raise w/ nothing (if he was bluffing the turn)

that in fact could be the best line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda sexy, ain't it? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 11:55 PM

I understand not wanting to give something up, but then why not just discuss it over aim?

I don't see how any input is useful being as you already have something in mind with the flop bet.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You obviously have a hidden motive for betting the flop. IMO posting this hand without being willing to discuss it is absurd. It's crucial to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was about the BB, it is not an important part of the hand. Prah knew why i did it- and it doesnt give away any huge tells or anything like that. I cant go into more detail w/o giving wayy too much away.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think bet $2,300 and fold to a big reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line would get you absolutely slaughtered in the big UB games in general, let alone OOP against Mahatma in a big pot that he reraised preflop..

[/ QUOTE ]

True.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you just bet the pot on the flop then you would not have as complicated a position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of me agrees w/ this, but something tells me that durrrr doesn't necessarily hate the "complicated" spot in which he found himself on the turn in this hand . . . but I could be wrong . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

True.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey durrrr,

Do you think you're ahead on the turn here? Or, I suppose the more pertinent question is, Are you willing to go broke w/ your hand vs. Mahat here?

Because you know these things better than we can from the peanut gallery, and as you and anyone else who's ever played v. Mahatma knows, his range for calling behind on a flop such as this vs. an aggro player like yourself is [censored] huuuuuuuuuge.

-neon

[/ QUOTE ]

While mahatma rarely slowplays- the flop is a spot where he would (b/c of the over-aggro BB); however i still think the huge majority of the time that i am behind on the flop i am getting raised by him (if he has a set- AA may call some % b/c it is nervous also- as well as some % to slowplay). That being said the turn is not a good card for me. Prah obviously has a fairly large reraising range preflop; and he also just called my flop bet meaning hands like 79s, 56s etc. are fairly likely. So are KQs, TT etc.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But mahatma is known for bluffing in this situation, often all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, which is why i checked the turn.