Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 03:43 AM

Default 3/6 - HUUUUGE Pot - i got a boat!

check out this huge pot. how do you think i played this hand. really only 2 hands beat me, 77 and 55 (very unlikely)
should i have kept jamming?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

River: (27 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31 BB
Old 11-29-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Re: 3/6 - HUUUUGE Pot - i got a boat!

I'd just bet the turn myself.

I'd also seriously begin to worry about being beaten when my turn check-raise is 3-bet.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just bet the turn myself.

I'd also seriously begin to worry about being beaten when my turn check-raise is 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

the prospect of trapping all those players for a raise was too enticing. perhaps it's wrong, but i thought it was good.

does MP2 really raise PF here with 77 or 55?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does MP2 really raise PF here with 77 or 55?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to say with no read given. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I've seen far stranger things. Hell, you can't even rule out the possibility that he raised behind 3 limpers on what appears to be a loose table with 98s.

Either way, I play the flop &amp; river the same. I lead the turn after capping the flop, tho--if the other two are gonna call, they're gonna call 2 just as easily as 1. And checking after you capped the flop just looks suspicious as hell.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 AM

That 5 was pretty much the second best card in the deck for you.

Lead the turn. Your fancy play worked here but you likely would have gotten the money in anyway and even if not, getting the turn checked through would really suck.

On the river, you need to get in another raise. It's very likely villain has either an overpair or the nut flush. I expect to be shown AK or AQ of clubs a large portion of the time here and an overplayed AA, KK or QQ sometimes as well. JJ would really suck and I'd put that in villain's range, too, so you have to consider it. I'd put all of those hands as more likely than 77 or 55.

I'd call a 4-bet and swear at the monitor when shown JJ.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check out this huge pot. how do you think i played this hand. really only 2 hands beat me, 77 and 55 (very unlikely)
should i have kept jamming?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the action says 55 and 77 is unlikely. How likely are pocket Jacks?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:32 AM

Nah I think its fine although its kinda farfetched that MP2 raised Preflop with 77, but JJ got there on the river. It would suck to 3-bet then get capped on the river.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 AM

Nice hand. It would be nice to see some stats on MP2 to get a better idea if he has 77 here. I really don't think you are seeing AA, KK or QQ on the river. MP2's most likely hand is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but there are a lot of other possibilities.

3betting the river is +EV against his range.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:35 AM

I'm confused by what to do on the river. I'd probably just call like you. What did villain have?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:21 PM

With no reads, I don't see MP2 with 77 or 55 (because of his preflop action).

His 3-bet of the turn c/r is a little scary, but does he really have 77 or 55 - I just can't believe it. Cap is fine.

Definitely 3-betting the river, especially when the flush gets there.

If he has JJ so be it. If he has 77 or 55 I shed a tear and watch the pot slide his way.