Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-26-2005, 11:05 AM

Default gimme a line... 10/25

Villain is decent, not much more info than that on him (havent seen any big non-standard hands w/ him involved).

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $25 BB (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($779)
Button ($3359)
SB ($3438.50)
Hero ($5319)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $85</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $60.

Flop: ($180) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $180</font>, Button calls $180.

Turn: ($540) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $375</font>, Hero calls $375.

River: ($1290) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: gimme a line... 10/25

I don't bet this flop-check/call the flop and lead the turn. The river is a clear block/bet then call a raise.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't bet this flop-check/call the flop and lead the turn. The river is a clear block/bet then call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice hero has straight flush?

Or is your proposed block/bet an attempt to induce opponent to raise?
Old 11-26-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river is a clear block/bet then call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course it is. why else would you call a raise after you block bet? you wouldnt, unless you were faking a block
Old 11-26-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I noticed the straight flush. It is, however, the sucker end. So the block bet serves many purposes-when hero is ahead it probably doesn't lose much value over a big bet as the board is scary. Also, it induces a bluff which can reasonably be called. If hero bets pot and gets raised big then he is in a much more uncomfortable spot.
Obviously, this means that when hero is behind he loses much less than if he had bet big. I know he has a straight flush, but agasint good opponents who aren't getting out of line I don't like jamming the pot with the sucker end of a straight flush when the board is 4 in a row of a suit as raising the ace of hearts here would indicate a severe lack of fundamentals on villain's part.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I noticed the straight flush. It is, however, the sucker end. So the block bet serves many purposes-when hero is ahead it probably doesn't lose much value over a big bet as the board is scary. Also, it induces a bluff which can reasonably be called. If hero bets pot and gets raised big then he is in a much more uncomfortable spot.
Obviously, this means that when hero is behind he loses much less than if he had bet big. I know he has a straight flush, but agasint good opponents who aren't getting out of line I don't like jamming the pot with the sucker end of a straight flush when the board is 4 in a row of a suit as raising the ace of hearts here would indicate a severe lack of fundamentals on villain's part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just checking. I agree with your analysis of the board and the river.

A good bet size would be something like 400, then, you think?
Old 11-26-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just checking. I agree with your analysis of the board and the river.

A good bet size would be something like 400, then, you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 400 seems about right.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:43 PM

I'm not sure what your opponent plays on (if he'd value bet a weak heart or bluff a heart), but I wouldn't mind a pot c/r on river.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

flop i rarely bet... this was one of the rarely times. If i bet 400 and he pot raises its only 300 or so short of him pushing. I do like this line... if it was anywhere but UB. On UB people like to click the pot button- so i was confused about what to do. I led for a little more (~900), and villain raised allin at which point i donked off my stack to KQh. Still not sure what the best line is. c/c seems like itd give up a lot of value, but i cant see much calling a c/r that i beat.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

flop i rarely bet... this was one of the rarely times. If i bet 400 and he pot raises its only 300 or so short of him pushing. I do like this line... if it was anywhere but UB. On UB people like to click the pot button- so i was confused about what to do. I led for a little more (~900), and villain raised allin at which point i donked off my stack to KQh. Still not sure what the best line is. c/c seems like itd give up a lot of value, but i cant see much calling a c/r that i beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that you think he's going to pot it if he does raise, I think checking is clearly better than betting if you're not folding to a raise AND you assume villain isn't going to raise you with just the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The times he has the ace you might lose out on the 900 you were planning on betting, but that's made up for by the fact that you don't lose your stack when he has the Q. You only lose what he bets, if even that because I don't think your hand can stand a pot-sized bet.