Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final 27

[ QUOTE ]
Greg Raymer Eliminated in 25th Place ($304,680)

Hand 23 - Andrew Black has the button in seat 8, Alsancak raises, and Raymer calls from the big blind. The flop comes Kh-Kc-7c, Raymer moves all in, and Alsancak calls. Raymer shows Ac-9h, and Alsancak has pocket fives (5d-5c). Raymer needs to catch a nine, an ace, or running clubs to stay alive. The turn card is the Kd, and Raymer needs to catch a seven, a nine, a king, or an ace to stay alive. The river card is the 2s, and Greg Raymer is eliminated in 25th place, earning $304,680.

The entire crowd of spectators, media, and even members of the ESPN crew give Raymer a standing ovation as he is eliminated in his quest to repeat as the World Series of Poker champion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me, doesn't a 7 on the turn counterfeit the 5's?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Penalizing the sheik.

Does anyone else feel that the Sheik did not deserve a penalty for what he did? While what he did was disrespectful, he never actually stated the cards that he had. He showed his disgust, which all but told the other players in the hand that he caught a good piece of that flop, but he never said "damnit, I folded A8" or anything of the sorts. I don't think he deserved the penalty (especially since he was so short stacked at the time and that penalty would cripple him even more), even though I agree that he was in the wrong with what he did during that hand.

Matusow on the other hand, definitely deserved the penalty. He has acted disrespectful towards every player the entire WSOP, and I much prefer the Sheik to Matusow's childishness. In fact, I kind of got a kick out of the Sheik calling the clock on Tiffany during last weeks episodes right after she asked for a count from Raymer.

Let's just say, I'm looking forward to the Kings vs. Aces next week. That runner runner flush is going to be quite sweet to watch.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Penalizing the sheik.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else feel that the Sheik did not deserve a penalty for what he did? While what he did was disrespectful, he never actually stated the cards that he had. He showed his disgust, which all but told the other players in the hand that he caught a good piece of that flop, but he never said "damnit, I folded A8" or anything of the sorts. I don't think he deserved the penalty (especially since he was so short stacked at the time and that penalty would cripple him even more), even though I agree that he was in the wrong with what he did during that hand.

Matusow on the other hand, definitely deserved the penalty. He has acted disrespectful towards every player the entire WSOP, and I much prefer the Sheik to Matusow's childishness. In fact, I kind of got a kick out of the Sheik calling the clock on Tiffany during last weeks episodes right after she asked for a count from Raymer.

Let's just say, I'm looking forward to the Kings vs. Aces next week. That runner runner flush is going to be quite sweet to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sheik deserved the penalty because the stakes were so high at the time. This was not your typical NL local tourney - this was the WSOP last 27 people with huge amounts of money and prestige on the line. He basically told the other players what his hand was - at least a good range - after he folded and MM was right in complaining about it. The time out did both of them good I think.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final 27

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who saw Sheikhan making a masterbating hand motion while he was not standing up for Raymer's elimination?

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally watched the episode tonight and saw it. Pathetic.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought Matusow handled it extremly well after the hand, I was expecting to see him insult the guy or something like that and he just calmly said: we're playing for a lot of money, you can't do that
Old 11-14-2005, 02:47 AM

He deserved it for being a tattling chump, what is he 5 years old? "Hey, hey did you hear what he said, hey" What a baby. And he is the worst shittalker of all time, I have never seen a guy look more like a tool on TV, and that is saying alot after this years WSOP.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:50 AM

Yes, up til that point mike handled it correctly. But then he continued and used the f word and got into it with him. But we can't expect mike to act like an adult for more than one minute can we? i mean cmon he's always been rude at least he's trying to improve.