Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:33 PM

Default TT capped pot

Online, 6 handed

UTG - Uknown. I have 10 hands with him, but he's folded all of them. He has yet to raise pre-flop.

CO - Also unknown, first hand. He posted a blind.

UTG raises, I 3-bet w/ T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 1 fold, CO (poster) caps, Button and blinds fold, UTG calls, I call.

3 to the flop, 13.5 small bets.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked around.

3 to the turn, 6.5 big bets.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise (?), CO folds, UTG calls.

Heads up to the river, 10 big bets.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG checks.

How much do I suck/rule?

How about the river play?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: TT capped pot

If I have raised the turn, which I would, I have done so for a free showdown. I check behind here I don't want to face a 3 bet that I cannot call so wimp out.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:43 PM

I like the turn. Epitome or raise or fold I guess you could say. He'd probably play QQ-77 the same way (kinda doubt he would donk here with an AQ-type hand). River looks like a bet to me. If he has ace-high he's calling very frequently and he'll call with all pairs. You'll feel gay when he shows up with AA occasionally after he missed a flop check/raise and got terrified on the turn, but hey [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

I think the limit is fairly important too. I'm guessing it was 3/6, though.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:45 PM

I'd probably fold that turn. You're ahead of exactly zero of the typical capping hands. Now, granted, he checked the flop, meaning he might fold QQ/JJ for you. However, you still have those other guys to worry about.

As you played it, man, I don't know. Is this guy passive enough to just call with a K here rather than 3bet the turn? Oh, wait. He's tight. Any hand he raised preflop with and he called your turn raise with is either beating you and not folding or behind you and not calling. This is a good river check.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:21 PM

3/6

I figured on the turn the CO either had me totally crushed or at the very least had some overcards to my Tens.

When UTG bet out I really didn't know how to play it. I figured if I raised and either guy 3-bet I could get away, and I could maybe get the CO to fold some overcards in the process. I was also thinking I might be able to get to a showdown with those two bets, although I'm not totally sure about the river play. (I didn't know how many worse hands would call, compared to how often he has a better hand, etc.)

After the turn I figured UTG had a pocket pair that may or may not have been better than mine.

Anyway, I checked behind and he showed 99.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:01 PM

This may be totally weak, but I think that I would fold the turn. Between the possibility that UTG whiffed on a flop check-raise and CO being timid with a hand that still beats us, I think I'm behind here too many times.

That said, if you're staying in here, I think the raise is the right way to go. If you're reraised, do you let it go?

On the river, I would check behind. I don't see him calling with a whole lot you beat, and there are also aren't too many better hands that I would count on him to fold. Plus, by checking behind, you will now have a data point on him.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:03 PM

I love it. nh

EDIT: I bet/fold the river.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:05 PM

I just about went back to edit my post saying that 99 would be about the only hand he could have that you beat and that might call a river bet. No sense in being results oriented, though. I think betting the river is still -EV. I'd expect to see JJ or QQ just as often.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just about went back to edit my post saying that 99 would be about the only hand he could have that you beat and that might call a river bet. No sense in being results oriented, though. I think betting the river is still -EV. I'd expect to see JJ or QQ just as often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

This also might be a good argument for folding the turn, too. (Although UTG just opened and then called the cap, so his range is probably wider than I'm giving him credit for with this statement.)
Old 10-31-2005, 09:03 PM

I might actually bet this river. For 2 reasons.

1. He might call with a PP pair you beat.
2. He might put you on a K and fold a hand that beats you like QQ,JJ(Although this chance is small, I think it is worth it considering on the river there are about 10BB in the pot)

Also I dont think he has AA as he would have bet that flop. Fastplay is the new slow play.