Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Equaliberium

I think the skins will loosen up because:

1)Their marketing efforts will ramp up and they will attract more fish to thier sites.

2)PartyPoker's VIP program and other incentives will attact many of the multi-table grinders away from the skins and back to PartyPoker.

Conversesly Partypoker will tighten up. Eventually there will be equiliberium and through the whole process the long term winners will be the players.

Discuss

Stu
Old 10-25-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Equaliberium

The X-skins will only loosen up if they go down the mass market advertising approach like Party does. If they go down the Absolute path by only promoting reloads, etc., the games will be uber tight (well, at least the ring games).

PartyPooper will probably always have good games as they are synonymous with online poker and will continue to advertise to get new players. Are most online poker players from the US? I don't really see the skins advertising over here. What are they doing in Europe? Nothing I imagine. Maybe they will, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:07 AM

something about your post is a little off balance
Old 10-25-2005, 02:20 AM

I've been thinking about this myself. I don't think empire is going to even out though. I'm not sure how their marketing is attracting fish. I have never seen a commercial. As far as I know empire grew through word of mouth and through affiliate recruiting. This does nothing to bring in fish, which is the fundamental ingredient to having a succesful poker site. All I have gotten in my mail box is reload bonus offers, and the such. This is no good. 90 percent of players on empire were above average players. Marketing to this current customer base will keep the site alive in the short run, but they need to do something to attract fish for the site to grow.

This is why PP does so good. Everytime i see a commmercial it is joe schmoe and grandma may playing poker and having a blast. a librarian, a security officer, a grocery shopping mom, some old lady in a resting home, an 18 year old kid living at home, a fat black guy with a ghetto girlfriend in a bad relationship, these are the faces on their commericials. This is the market PP reaches out too. Sharks don't need to be advertised too. We KNOW the poker sites, we know what's what. We go were the fish are. Empire and the skins are making a big mistake by marketing to us through their reloads and freerolls and what not. If this doesn't change I doubt things will even out as you say.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:38 AM

Sir, you have my vote for President of Empire Marketing. Please go to work with your ad campaigns. Please.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:57 AM

Only a clueless businessman would continue to buy services from IGM (Party) after what happened. You cannot live with your biggest competitor providing all your infrastructure and support services. Empire and the rest need new homes. There are several good platforms out there that could use the instant growth and credibility that becoming partners with the X-Party skins would provide. Empire offers a powerful affiliate network, Eurobet and InterTops have their gambling customers, and Multi provides Scandinavian penetration.

The big marketing push should come after relocation. Signing up a bunch of customers before they relocate is inefficient because there will be transition losses.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen a commercial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you must not live in Europe, where they do almost all of their advertising.

Contrary to popular belief, the skins are not exclusively made up of rakeback players. There are a lot of fish who signed up on Empire/Eurobet/Multipoker, and they didn't flee the site like the 2+2 multitablers did. When the split first happened, the games were terrible, but they're significantly better now.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen a commercial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you must not live in Europe, where they do almost all of their advertising.

Contrary to popular belief, the skins are not exclusively made up of rakeback players. There are a lot of fish who signed up on Empire/Eurobet/Multipoker, and they didn't flee the site like the 2+2 multitablers did. When the split first happened, the games were terrible, but they're significantly better now.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are? You playing at the same site I am? There is no change in the games other than 1 maniac every 10 tables. Total rock garden and if you are not a good player right now you are going to lose your ass.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When the split first happened, the games were terrible, but they're significantly better now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say they are significantly better, but I predict they will be by the end of the year.

Stu
Old 10-25-2005, 03:42 AM

Did you just say Scandinavian penetration?

Ouch. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]