Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Bump it

[ QUOTE ]
The insurgency has been getting steadily weaker in a military sense for quite a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

CNN report :

[ QUOTE ]
October 24, 2005
Four American contractors were killed in an attack north of Baghdad on September 20, the U.S. military said Sunday. Another two Americans were injured in the attack near Duluiya, said a spokesman for Task Force Liberty, 42nd Infantry Division. U.S. contractor KBR, a subsidiary of Halliburton Co., said three of its employees were killed that day, said Halliburton spokeswoman Cathy Mann.

[/ QUOTE ]

...But please stay tuned for some happy news about the Iraqi referendum. "Mission Accomplished!"
Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Iraqi Elections..... is the insurgency weaker?

[ QUOTE ]
(I'm sure Grey and Elliot are quite upset right now).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a prick. [censored] you.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're a prick. [censored] you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit harsh. And extreeeeeemely personal. Should be worthy of at least a slap on the wrist my one of the mods.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a bit harsh. And extreeeeeemely personal. Should be worthy of at least a slap on the wrist my one of the mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all fairness you could say the exact same thing about my comment. Truth be told, If I could go back and edit that original post I would leave his name out and instead substitute it with Cyrus.

Stu
Old 10-25-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Bump it

Cyrus, Dynasty made the statement that "The insurgency has been getting steadily weaker in a military sense for quite a while"

Your response was to cite an incident of insurgent attacks. Now you have bumped the thread for the sole purpose of citing another such incident. Such citings do nothing to support or diminish Dynasty's claim, or to answer Stu's question; they are not comparative analysis, and only comparative analysis (even if cursory) can provide any rebuttal or support of such a claim--as you well know.

Less posturing and more intellectual honesty, please.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In all fairness you could say the exact same thing about my comment. Truth be told, If I could go back and edit that original post I would leave his name out and instead substitute it with Cyrus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point and your post makes you a Stand-up Guy in my book.

However, I still think Elliot's post went too far.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point and your post makes you a Stand-up Guy in my book.

However, I still think Elliot's post went too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Let's just say I take it very personally to be accused of actually cheering for the people killing our soldiers. Were I young enough to be eligible for service I would volunteer to go, despite now believing that the war was a big mistake. But I do apologize for the overly personal and angry reaction.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:27 PM

"The insurgency has been getting steadily weaker in a military sense for quite a while. They used to be able to threaten important targets like Iraq's oil production infrastructure. Now, they often seem to select targets which have little military or economic significance."

On Sunday:
Blast Halts North Iraq oil exports

I think you underestimate the extent to which we don't hear about this stuff as much as we used to. Or have you seen statistics showing that attacks on oil infrastructure, US troops etc, have fallen? I'd be interested to see them.