Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: A Leak In My Game

[ QUOTE ]
why can't you step to her in the gym?

[/ QUOTE ]

One, where she was sitting would require me to climb over people, or yell, just to say "Hi, I'm James." There's nothing smooth about that. Two, she was paying attention to what was going on, and I didn't want to interfere with that.

[ QUOTE ]
if she weren't on the phoen you just walk up to her. nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just lame in these situations, but I hate doing that. Like I said, starting up a casual conversation about something random is no big deal. I.E. you're both waiting in a line, I comment about how long the line is taking, introduce myself, etc... But just flat out walking up and introducing myself with no ice-breaker is something I apparently suck at.

In fact, I don't know many guys who would be comfortable with that. There is such a thing as too straight-forward, and I think girls can be a little put off by it as well. Ice-breakers are key. When she sees me obviously coming at her, I pretty much have to get straight to the point, which to me is not the optimal approach.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:12 AM

i agree. at which point when she's not on her phone, or engaging in strenuous activity, grab your balls, hike up your skirt, and caht it up.

"hey im james boston, you wanna get a drink sometime?"
Old 10-12-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my solution to fixing leaks in my game is to just not have game, that way I have nothing to fix.

seriously though, I have no solution for you, because if I did I would be using it myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOZ
Old 10-12-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why can't you step to her in the gym?

[/ QUOTE ]

One, where she was sitting would require me to climb over people, or yell, just to say "Hi, I'm James." There's nothing smooth about that. Two, she was paying attention to what was going on, and I didn't want to interfere with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it finally sunk in for me that you're not talking about a gym in the sense of a bunch of people working out. my bad.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if she weren't on the phoen you just walk up to her. nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just lame in these situations, but I hate doing that. Like I said, starting up a casual conversation about something random is no big deal. I.E. you're both waiting in a line, I comment about how long the line is taking, introduce myself, etc... But just flat out walking up and introducing myself with no ice-breaker is something I apparently suck at.

In fact, I don't know many guys who would be comfortable with that. There is such a thing as too straight-forward, and I think girls can be a little put off by it as well. Ice-breakers are key. When she sees me obviously coming at her, I pretty much have to get straight to the point, which to me is not the optimal approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is just personal preference. imo there is nothing wrong with just stepping to a girl you're interested in. that does not of course mean it's the right way, or the best way, or appropriate in all situations. but think of it this way: you only live once, and there's no guarantee you'll ever see the person again to get another chance (or be embarassed if you did the direct approach and got shot down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).
Old 10-12-2005, 01:28 AM

punch her in the face. get her number from the lawyers.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 AM

Its like that scene in Harold and Kumar where harold is in the elevator with the hot chick.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 AM

As Tommy Angelo once said:

[ QUOTE ]
the situation was that I had no hand, no position, no reads, no momentum, and lots of time to wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait for a better spot.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its like that scene in Harold and Kumar where harold is in the elevator with the hot chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, if you'll notice in the fantasy sequence it was very easy for him to pick up on the girl.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:31 AM

Bump into her "by accident". Then you can apologize/start up some convo and then offer to take her out to make up for it, etc.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:52 AM

Just wait til she gets off the phone and say, "Hey!" or whatever you feel like saying. "You, in the shirt, come here" She'll come, trust me.

Wait for her to walk to you. Then ask her some stupid ass question. I'll often just ask something I saw on OOT that day, then roll from there.

OOT stuff is pretty good sometimes, cause it gives her room to give an interesting answer.

It doesn't matter why you choose to ask her this random question, all she knows is your a guy that is being different from every other guy. This is good. She is talking, this is good.

-blake