Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: There IS a difference between Party and Pokerstars tournaments.

Aye, it sounds like a contradiction. I don't think it's rigged but can't be 100% sure. Nobody can, I guess. We just hope and think it's legit but have this little niggle in the back of our minds when we witness crazy things at a certain site for weeks on end which makes us change sites.

I didn't say it was totally, undoubtly not rigged. I just said I think it's not rigged. It would be nice one day for some 10 million handed poker tracker dude to point something out instead of I got sucked out by a 1 outer, it's R1Gg3d!, but I doubt that will ever happen either.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:02 PM

riverstars!

rj
Old 10-07-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually...you did NOT agree with zetack.
You think that you are in the group that is happy there are people out there who think incorrectly.
But it is actually YOUR thinking that the rest of us are happy is out there.

You think the cards are different from one site to the next.
It is specifically THIS line of thinking that zetack is saying the semi-expert players should be happy is out there.

[ QUOTE ]
I also sigh at rigged posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I just think Party seems to have the right number of pairs holding up and suckouts etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

YOUR post is one of the 'rigged' posts.
Are you sighing at your own post?

Zetack - another couple of good posts in this thread.
I find the psychology of this whole "I played there for awhile and it just SEEMS different" line of thinking to be fascinating.
The whole 'false pattern recognition' bit is quite interesting.
And I witnessed it almost daily when I was a BJ dealer for a few mths. 'those cards are hot' and 'dont take the dealers bust-card' etc etc.

And this new breed of posts where "It's not rigged....it's just, you know, different" is kind of interesting too.

"No no no. I know they're not 'out to get me' or anything like that.
It's just that THEIR version of 'random' is different than the OTHER version of 'random'. and I like the sites that are MORE random in the 'truer' sense in that they resemble TRUE randomness without being as non-random.
And if you can't immediately see the difference between the various 'types' of random then you're just blind."
Old 10-08-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And this new breed of posts where "It's not rigged....it's just, you know, different" is kind of interesting too.

"No no no. I know they're not 'out to get me' or anything like that.
It's just that THEIR version of 'random' is different than the OTHER version of 'random'. and I like the sites that are MORE random in the 'truer' sense in that they resemble TRUE randomness without being as non-random.
And if you can't immediately see the difference between the various 'types' of random then you're just blind."

[/ QUOTE ]

Rotflmao.

POTD.