Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-08-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Why can\'t....

...you take money off the table? I sold some chips to a guy at a $4-$8 game (limit) and when I went to put the bill in my pocket, I was told I had to leave it on the table. I can understand not being allowed to keep taking away in a NL game to avoid a potential loss, but why at limit, especially since I had something like +60 BB's on the table?
Old 08-08-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Why can\'t....

It is table stakes. All the money stays in play until you get up and leave and you can't add money in the middle of a hand.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:14 PM

Obviously, if you still have 60+BB on the table after pulling money off, there wouldn't be too much chance that you'd have to go all-in later (though the prob. isn't zero either).
Point is though that it's much easier just to have a rule that says "no money off the table" than one that says "you can only take cash off the table down to a stack of xBB..."
Old 08-08-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...you take money off the table? I sold some chips to a guy at a $4-$8 game (limit) and when I went to put the bill in my pocket, I was told I had to leave it on the table. I can understand not being allowed to keep taking away in a NL game to avoid a potential loss, but why at limit, especially since I had something like +60 BB's on the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it is table stakes and some people will lose 100BBs in a session.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we can't wait to take your money after you go on tilt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]