Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Dukes of Hazzard Movie Review

So I saw this movie tonight, going into it with suspicion that it could very well suck, and it didn't let me down. Outside of Jessica Simpson being very hot, and a kick-ass soundtrack, this movie blew. So much of the movie seemed like the creative minds behind it thought, "Let's take the basic plot from the TV show, and have them swear." I wasn't offended or anything. I just didn't see any thought put into the movie. I mentioned a good soundtrack, and stand by that, but the soundtrack was a crutch to replay the same car action sequence over and over, with a different song. Also, in the first 5 minutes, they opened the doors to the General Lee. This, to me, was absurd. Wasn't the whole sliding through the windows thing a staple of the original? Granted, they fixed the problem mid-movie, but still pretty stupid.

Bottom line, don't see this movie.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Dukes of Hazzard Movie Review

I believe the indian guy from super troopers (broken lizard) wrote or directed this movie. That should say enough.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Dukes of Hazzard Movie Review

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the indian guy from super troopers (broken lizard) wrote or directed this movie. That should say enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did, and makes a cameo. They do a short scene that references Super Troopers. I actually thought that movie was funny; not a classic, but entertaining. This one is not.