Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 07-28-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Drivin & Cryin

Just got home from seeing Drivin & Cryin at the local music festival. I feel kind of bad for them, as they have sunk to playing at Outback. Still, they rocked. Good covers of "Leaving on a Jetplain" and "Rockin in the Free World," and of course they delivered with "Straight to Hell" and several of their other classics.

They low point of the night went as follows. Me and my buddies were eyeing some attractive young ladies, both of whom (I kid you not) were showing off 38DD breasts. We ran into another friends sister, who was with them. We asked her to introduce us to her friends. At this point, she informs us that she is there with the girls' mother. They are both 15!!! We felt creepy.

Summary: Drivin N Cryin Rocks! I'm apparently a pederass.

BTW, special thanks to Miller Lite, who would trade any competing beer for a 16oz tall boy. This is +EV when you only have 2oz of Bud Lite left, and they still trade. Also, they provided some tasty breath mints for the ride home.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Drivin & Cryin

I have a friend who is convinced animal hormones in our food is causing girls to 'mature' earlier. He is a little concerned that his 12 year-old daughter is better endowed than her mother.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who is convinced animal hormones in our food is causing girls to 'mature' earlier. He is a little concerned that his 12 year-old daughter is better endowed than her mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make me feel any less creepy, but thanks.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:03 AM

Did they do "Fly Me Courageous"? I kinda liked that song when I was in like 6th grade. DC never had a good break, they fell into the scene at the end of Hair Metal and before the Grunge Era, they weren't indie enough to be part of the Athens/Chapel Hill movements. Sad stuff, playing at Outback in your 40s when you were once on MTV.

I dunno what to say about scoping the young girls, I do this all the time too, its gotta be the growth hormones in milk and meat.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:12 AM

When I was a kid, there were no menstruating 9-year-olds.

They're out there, nowadays.

(Or so I've read.)
Old 07-28-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did they do "Fly Me Courageous"? I

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and they actually did that as their last song instead of "Straight to Hell."
Old 07-28-2005, 10:14 AM

Did Warren Haynes play with them? I like them, but it seems like they've resorted to playing music festivals in alabama

from the crawfish boil in birmingham:

Old 07-28-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did Warren Haynes play with them? I like them, but it seems like they've resorted to playing music festivals in alabama

[/ QUOTE ]

No Haynes was not there, but that would have been awesome. I saw Government Mule about 10 years ago and really enjoyed their show.

I D&C's defense, as far as the whole playing at an Outback thing- Outback really steps it up for this festival. They weren't inside by the bar or anything, there's a big stage behind the restaurant. I think this is because Bud True Music pays their biggest vendors the most money for the festival, and the restaurants end up with a huge chunk because they sell so much beer. Only one bar in town got sponsored by Bud True Music.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:28 PM

Move to Canada where the age of consent is 14.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:00 PM

Relax. You're not a pederast. Unless you had sex with her and she was actually a he. You're merely a pedophile.