Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Alladin S&G Warning

[ QUOTE ]
all this is exactly WHY i will never set foot into the ALADDIN poker room again... until I find out the management changes - I have experienced and heard only bad things thru and thru

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just there this week. I hated the MTT structure, but that goes for pretty much any low buyin multi in vegas. The 200 NL game was amazingly soft. I've never played NL cash games before (not even online), and I found the games a joke. 3/6 isn't much more difficult. And, I found the staff and dealers friendly and accommodating. They reduced the rake to $1 max when the NL game got down to 6 handed.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 200 NL game was amazingly soft. I've never played NL cash games before (not even online), and I found the games a joke. ... And, I found the staff and dealers friendly and accommodating. They reduced the rake to $1 max when the NL game got down to 6 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. I played every day from the weekend onward. I am a NLHE beginner and I won at least a stack every day. I wonder if we played together? I tended to play between 11:00 a.m.-3 p.m. -- I was the size XXL white man with salt & pepper hair, white at the temples, unshaven up till about Tues, who played maybe 6 flops per game. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I also agree on the dealers. Never had a floor call, maybe had two exposed cards in five or six days' worth of play.

I advise folks to skip the tourneys, come in for the NL (or the 3-6 if that's your game), and loot the bustouts.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:54 AM

Yea I have went through this myself 2 or 3 weeks ago at the Aladdin. I finished second in the thing, collected my $90, left $15 for the dealers and went home. To tell you how bright I am, it wasn't until I was almost home that I had done the math and realized something was wrong.

So I call the pokerroom and ask about the juice and they say that yes, $45 to the prize pool, $5 to the dealers, $5 to the house.

I then mention that I wouldn't have tipped (here we go [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) 16% of my winnings if I had know the dealers were taken care of. He then says something to the effect that they are only making $10 bucks for the hour if we don't tip. I still wouldn't have tipped that much, and you all probably know my thoughts on the subject.

I also noticed the winner stiffed.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:23 AM

Just walk on by the poker room to the Spice Market Buffet for dinner. Holy crap. I picked up a quick $27 at the 3/6 table on Tuesday waiting for it to open at 4pm. Great buffet. Best I've had in a while.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:18 AM

I would tip exactly nothing
They took out 50 for the tip which is good enough
Old 07-22-2005, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would tip exactly nothing
They took out 50 for the tip which is good enough

[/ QUOTE ]
Guys, I work there. 5 bucks doesn't go to the dealers. About 2.30 of it does. And it's one dealer, not dealers. The rest goes to the "tournament staff" which are the floormen on duty. Honestly, I could care less to ever deal these things again. 10 minutes of setup, an hour to deal, 5 minutes of taking it down. There 3 downs of my day gone for 23 bucks + whatever I get tipped, which is usually about 15 bucks. I could make more in decent/good live games than these things.

I wouldn't even play these things because the prize structure is terrible. It's been suggested to go to $50 + 10 and payout 250, 150, 100 (500 prize pool, 50%, 30% 20%). Who knows if it will happen though.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Harrahs AC
Qualify for the 2006 World Series of Poker every Monday at 7pm.
$100 + $50
One in 18 participants will win a seat in the Quarterly Finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

50% juice!@?!?! Holy effing crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's probably a vig in the quarterfinal entry, too.. So 50% is a low estimate.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rest goes to the "tournament staff" which are the floormen on duty.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also the ones OFF duty, it gets split about seven ways; most of the ones getting a cut aren't even there at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I could care less to ever deal these things again. 10 minutes of setup, an hour to deal, 5 minutes of taking it down. There 3 downs of my day gone for 23 bucks + whatever I get tipped, which is usually about 15 bucks. I could make more in decent/good live games than these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Much more in live games.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't even play these things because the prize structure is terrible. It's been suggested to go to $50 + 10 and payout 250, 150, 100 (500 prize pool, 50%, 30% 20%). Who knows if it will happen though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have personally seconded the motion that this is the best way to go with these things, but then it's obviously not up to me. The current $50+$5 with only $450 paying out is very deceptive, and I get quite tired of explaining where the extra money goes over and over again.

al