Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Please rip my line

[ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly like the flop bet into three opponents out of position with two cards of the same suit out there and you with nothing but second pair. That bet won't often win the pot and really won't give you much information, if that's what you're looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, probe bets are tricky when there are > 2 opponents, I agree. I got great information though, 2 calls a fold, no re-raise...use that as you wish.

The more I try and give BB credit, the more I hate I am doing so. On the flop he calls a bet half the pot (3:1) with 2 live players that could re-raise. Im not sure I make this call here...
Old 07-07-2005, 09:32 PM

His flop call is fine. His turn call is terrible but he has an ace and a flush draw so he's gonna call.

Like I said, just put him in now if you're gonna CR. He is betting into 2 people = he hit his hand and you won't move him off it.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:43 PM

I hate the probe bet into three players. I read somewhere that the most dangerous limpers are UTG and the button, and unfortunately you're stuck with both. This looks a lot more like a "dark tunnel bluff" then a probe bet. See HOH2 pp 31-33. These are "bets which aren't really bluffs, but aren't value bets either...You don't know where you stand, you don't really know what you're doing, but it feels more active to bet than not." You say you got info on their hands, but how about you explain exactly what info you got? The only info I can deduce is that two of the players like their hands enough to call a really small bet and see another card.

Not sure why you gave up the lead on the turn. The "info" you got on the flop doesn't suggest that someone will be aggressive now. Anyone who called with non-ace overcards is done with the hand, and if someone else did just hit an ace, he'll probably raise (and it's almost certain if he hit ace + has flush draw), giving you a chance to play back again. Check-raising just says, "I really like my hand, so you either better really like yours or get the hell out." Not to mention the sin of giving up a free card to a drawer who would call a turn bet but not pay you off on a busted flush draw.