Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 06:00 PM

Default 1010 in the BB... did I play it right?

1010 in the BB, only real reads are SB and button, both loose and passive, i kinda felt i should have folded it on the turn

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 01-17-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: 1010 in the BB... did I play it right?

I think you can safely check/call this river. I think folding at this point is incorrect. The turn might be a drop or raise situation.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:47 PM

All good except when you folded the river for one more bet.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:50 PM

youre both right... i should have called it, but what made me hesitant was i couldnt think of a hand that he would have that he would raise with that would not beat my 1010, in this kind of situation with not really good reads on the opponents, what kind of hands should i be thinking of besides the str8/fh/trips? thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 06:57 PM

I think the fold is fine, but i'd have checked through.

-d
Old 01-17-2005, 07:06 PM

I think I'd raise the turn to drive out the two behind me and fold to a reraise against an obvious straight.
If I'm still on the river, then I'd bet for value with what's probably the best hand.

Is this flawed?
Old 01-17-2005, 07:26 PM

My impression is that too many people, even amongst 2+2ers, fold the river for a single bet with a large or at least decent-sized pot, even when they're pretty sure that they're beat. This is not one of those situations.

The read on SB is loose - passive. He didn't come in for a full bet pre-flop, he just had to complete meaning he could be holding just about anything (he then calls Hero's raise). He check-calls the flop, then comes out betting from first position on the turn when 4-to-a-straight hits the board. He then check / raises the river. This from a passive player? I don't have any problem with the river fold in this case. SB has a straight and Hero's hand is no good. That, or SB played one hell of an aggressive and well-executed bluff, especially from a LP player.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:30 PM

Precisely.

Folding for 1 bet is one thing when they bet out, an entirely different thing on a scary board where you have a weak made hand with a villain who has shown strength and then trapped the whole field for a bet on the river.

-d