Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-15-2004, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Suspension for look-alike drug

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't go that far at all. I have a lot of respect for school administrators. Their jobs are terribly difficult and they are underappreciated. They make their fair share of mistakes and get blamed for them accordingly, but they also get blamed for countless things that are beyond their control.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the truth. Much of this nonsense comes from these zero-tolerance policies passed by school boards. Zero-tolerance takes away any ability of school leaders to actually lead. So in place of leadership and common sense, we have kids getting suspended for possessing jell-o, scissors, or tylenol.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about this story but I'd bet a lot of money this girl wasn't white.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course not! All the Jello pushers are black!
Old 12-15-2004, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't go that far at all. I have a lot of respect for school administrators. Their jobs are terribly difficult and they are underappreciated. They make their fair share of mistakes and get blamed for them accordingly, but they also get blamed for countless things that are beyond their control.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I'm sure there are some good ones, but most of the ones I've known were idiots. They do have a tough job. They have to appease too many different parties with too many different agendas that don't involve what's best for the children. But most of the school administrators I've known were perfect for that job because they were there for political reasons rather than for the children. Plus most don't have the right skill set. Just my experience, not syaing they're all bad.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Tyranical School Administrators Strike Again.

The average school administrator is someone who has one too many "atomic wedgies" as a child and is ready to wield his bureaucratic power to show that he(she) is the boss....

The only thing these educational thugs fear is school vouchers.....

For ever $100 that use to go to public schools up to $50 will be diverted to parents to finance a private school education. In bad school discricts, poor schools will close and private schools will spring up like mushrooms. In well run school districts, I'd surprise if more than 10% of the the parents opt for private schools.... The same amount of govt funding will be spent on schools, the only difference is govt schools will no longer get 100% of the tax payer's pie.

One thing is for certain, competition and free enterprise will work their magic on the shoddy US educational system and these numbskull school administrators will no longer be sucking on the govt *** (breast).